Hemigrapsus nudus, Puget Sound, Washington, USA
The superfamily: Grapsoidea are a superfamily of crustaceans from the partial order of the crabs ( Brachyura ) in the order of decapods ( Decapoda ). They live semi -aquatic (half on land and half in the water) to both freshwater as well as at sea. They appear mainly in the tropics, only a few species live in temperate latitudes.
According to the Integrated Taxonomic Information System ( ITIS) is the superfamily of superfamily: Grapsoidea from six families. Within this classification, however, only the families Grapsidae, Sesarmidae and Varunidae are monophyletic. Within the Sesarmidae the genera Chiromantes and Parasesarma are probably not monophyletic.
- Gecarcinidae, land crabs Cardisoma Cardisoma armatum, harlequin shrimp
- Gecarcoidea natalis, Christmas Island Crab
- Glyptograpsidae Glyptograpsus
- Geosesarma, vampire crabs
- Pseudosesarma, mangrove crabs
- Eriocheir Eriocheir sinensis, Chinese mitten crab