Grumman J2F Duck
The Grumman Duck J2F was a single-engine biplane amphibious aircraft by 1937. It originally had the factory designation G- fourth
The aircraft was used by the U.S. Navy and U.S. Coast Guard as a search and rescue aircraft, reconnaissance aircraft and the target representation. They were employed by both land bases and aircraft carriers.
The J2F was a further development of the JF, the prototype flew in 1933 and 1936, the U.S. Navy reached. The J2F -1 went in 1937 with a more powerful 760 hp ( 559 kW) Wright R -1820 radial engine in series. In total there were six variants of J2F ( J2F - 1 to J2F -6).
The last variant J2F -6 with 1,050 hp Wright R -1820 -54 radial engine was built in 1940/41. A total of 567 specimens of all variants were produced. The last machines were still in use until 1955.
The two-seater biplane had a large central float, as well as 2 small float on the wing tips. The landing gear was retractable.
- Argentine Navy
- Mexican Navy: U.S. Navy used some J2F -6 after the war
- United States Army Air Forces
- United States Coast Guard
- United States Marine Corps
- United States Navy
- Peruvian Navy: some ex - USN.