Guy Helminger ( born January 20, 1963 in Esch- sur -Alzette, Luxembourg ) is a Luxembourgian writer who writes primarily in German.
Life and work
Helminger studied German literature and philosophy in Luxembourg, Heidelberg and Cologne. He worked as a bartender, actor, assistant director and 3D graphic designers. Since 1985 lives and works in Cologne Helminger. He is a member of the PEN center of Germany.
As an author he is initially emerged especially with poetry, theater and radio plays. In 2001 he published a first short prose ( rust). In 2004 he was awarded at the Ingeborg Bachmann Competition for his story geraniums with the 3sat Prize. Another collection of short stories ( Something is always missing ) appeared in August 2005 by Suhrkamp.
From February to March 2007, traveled Helminger as part of the project funded by the Foreign Office West - Eastern Divan to Tehran. About his stay there he blogged for the German wave. In 2009 he was author -in-residence at the German House in Sanaa ( Yemen).
In spring 2007 a new edition of his novel - first- appeared, the rest of the mud toad, commented by Manuel Andrack, Kiepenheuer & Malevich. In the fall followed by Suhrkamp his new novel morning was. 2010, the novel was published in Neubrasilien Eichborn.
Since January 2010, Guy Helminger hosts the program CULTURE on RTL Luxembourg.
His older brother Nico Helminger is also a writer.
- 2002: Award for Youth Theatre of Baden- Württemberg
- 2002: Prix Servais
- 2004: 3sat Prize at the Ingeborg Bachmann Competition
- 2006: Writers in Hyderabad ( India)
- 2006: Prix du Mérite culturel de la ville d' Esch- sur -Alzette
- Life lasts up last surprises, theater, UA Grand Théâtre de Luxembourg 2011
- Libellenterz, Collected Poems; éditions phi, Differdange 2010, ISBN 978-2-87962-284-2.
- Neubrasilien, Roman; Eichborn Verlag, Frankfurt am Main 2010, ISBN 978-3-8218-6132-6.
- A cup for Nefertiti hippopotamus. Children's book. Illustrated by Manuela Olten. Bloomsbury, Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-8270-5353-4.
- Morning was. Novel. Suhrkamp, Frankfurt am Main 2007, ISBN 978-3-518-41918-2.
- The rest of the mud toad. Novel. Rediscovered, edited and annotated by Manuel Andrack. Kiepenheuer & Petrovich, Cologne 2007, ISBN 3,462,037,846th
- Something is always missing. Narratives. Suhrkamp, Frankfurt am Main 2005, ISBN 3,518,417,088th
- Venezuela. Play. Oberon Books, London 2003, ISBN 1,840,023,651th (German: éditions phi, Esch- sur -Alzette 2004, ISBN 2,879,621,798th )
- Ver immigration. Poems. éditions phi, Esch- sur -Alzette 2002, ISBN 3888652154th
- Rust. Short stories. éditions phi, Echternach 2001, ISBN 3888652022, contains, among other things, the train ride.