- One of the fundamental working principles of social work, see also community work;
- A name variant of the West African language Gua
- A city in Myanmar, see Gwa (Myanmar ).
- The abbreviation for the gigawatt year.
GWA is the abbreviation for
- Gas, water, sewage and fire extinguishing technology, supply technology
- The overhead value analysis;
- Speed warning system;
- The Association of Communications Agencies (formerly Company Advertising agencies );
- The Gender and Water Alliance, an international organization dedicated to strengthening gender mainstreaming in integrated water resources management (IWRM ).