The Haarlemmerbuurt ( Haarlemmermeer district ) is a district in the center of Amsterdam with a village atmosphere, numerous monuments and shops. 2009 had the quarter 7,910 inhabitants and 8,630 residents in early 2012.
" A village in the city" ( een dorp in de stad ), the district is referred to. The main roads are the Haarlemmerstraat and Haarlemmerdijk ( built around 1612 ). The Haarlemmerdijk street runs up to Haarlem. The nearby Haarlemmerweg the Westerpark limits ( created in 1890 ) and in the west the Westergasfabriek ( built in 1883 ). Every Wednesday from 10:00 bis 17:00 clock there is a Biological Boerenmarkt on Haarlemmerplein.
The Haarlemmerdijk is mainly for pedestrians and cyclists is an important connection between Amsterdam and West of downtown. In the street there are many shops, office buildings, restaurants and other businesses. The road is located between the Place Haarlemmerplein, the " korte Prinsengracht " ( short Prinsengracht ), the Brewers Canal and the Haarlemmermeer Houttuinen.
The streets Haarlemmerstraat and Haarlemmerdijk were 2012 of 70 shopping streets in the Netherlands as "the best business streets " ( favoriete Winkelstraat van Nederland 2012) proclaimed. These roads are also several coffee shops.
Monuments in the Haarlemmerbuurt (selection)
In the Haarlemmerbuurt there are 409 listed monuments ( Rijksmonumente ). Information from Rijksdienst voor het Cultureel Erfgoed.
- House of the first half of the 18th century in the Bicker canal 16 # 447
- Monument in 1650 256 in Bicker canal # 453
- Monument 1773 32 Brouwersgracht No, 754
- Corner house from the first half of the 18th century, 46 in the Brewers Canal # 758
- Operating and living from 1749 52 in the Brewers Canal No. 761
- Eckhaus of 1744 56th in the Brewers Canal No. 763
- Monument from the second half of the 19th century in Droogbak 4a. No 926
- House from the second half of the 18th century, 21 in the Haarlemmermeer Houttuinen No 1284
- Church 1860-1863 49 in the Haarlemmermeer Houttuinen No 1289
- Corner house from the first half of the 19th century 93 in Haarlemmerdijk No 1310
- Warehouse from the 18th century on the island Prinseneiland 11 No. 4206