Hamburger Sailing Club
The Hamburger Segel - Club eV ( HSC) in 1926 arose from the union of the company founded in 1892 in Hamburg Yacht Club and the Hamburg Sailing Club. Since 1 January 1927, the association is registered in Hamburg Register of Associations.
In 1899 even as Hamburg Yacht Club, the association had 424 members of the three largest German sailing clubs. This was based on a broad spectrum of members hiking, racing sailors and yacht designers such as Max Oertz.
Today, around 1,000 members are organized in the HSC, the grounds and clubhouse is located directly on Alster Lake in central Hamburg and the harbor about 280 boats can accommodate.