Hanford is a city in Kings County in the U.S. state of California with 53.266 inhabitants ( 2010). 2004, the city had 46,200 inhabitants. The geographic coordinates are: 36.33 ° N, 119.65 ° West. The metropolitan area has a size of 33.9 km ².
The city is named after the American railway director James Madison Hanford ( 1827-1911 ). She is known among other things as the seat of the Kings Symphony Orchestra and the 1974 built Hanford Carnegie Museum, which from the same library ( Carnegie Library) emerged.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Tyson Chandler, Basketball Player
- Scott Parker, hockey player
- Sean Parnell, Governor of Alaska
- Steve Perry, singer
- Matt Shively, actor
- Margaret Wright, mathematician
- Location in California
- Location in North America
- Kings County ( California )
- County Seat in California