As a film actor he worked from 1954 to 1999. He became famous for the role of Uli in the film adaptations of novels by Gotthelf Uli Uli and the servant of the tenant.
Hannes Schmid Hauser's mother was a musician, his father was the philosopher Julius Schmid Hauser. He himself was already in theater in high school in Ascona on stage. His best role from the time just after the war was the Captain Bluntschli in the play heroes of George Bernard Shaw, which was sold out fifty times in the Zurich Schauspielhaus. Hannes Schmid Hauser also made career as a football player. He earned already play his acting training with football. Later he became a captain in the Swiss national team. He was therefore audience accustomed and had never been on stage fright. For some years he lived in Italy and produced films themselves, albeit with only moderate success. His ashes were scattered in the Lago Maggiore, so he had no verehrbare tomb.
Movies and Roles
- Uli the Servant (1954 ) - ( Uli )
- Uli the Tenant (1955 ) - ( Uli )
- Between us, the mountains (1956 ) - ( Beat Matter )
- S'Waisechind vo Engelberg (1956 ) - ( Hermann ball city)
- The pattern husband (1959 )
- Behind the seven tracks (1959 ) - ( Hartmann)
- SOS - Glacier Pilot ( 1959) - ( Charly )
- Wilhelm Tell ( castles in flames) (1960 ) - ( MELCHTAL )
- Mental Cruelty (1961 ) - Producer - Actor - Director
- The Invisible Man (1963 ) - ( Dr. Max Vogel )
- Klassezämekunft (1988 ) - ( Ehrensperger )
- The Director ( Serienhaupttitel ) (1995 ) - ( Linus )
- General Sutter (1999 ) - ( General Sutter )