Hauteville ( Freiburg Patois Otavela / i; German outdated: old filling) is a municipality in the canton of Fribourg Greyerzbezirk in Switzerland.
Haute Ville is located at 717 m above sea level. M., 7 km north-east of the district main town cop (air line). The farming village extends on a terrace on the eastern shore of Lake Gruyère, on the village stream Ruisseau des Branches, at the western foot of the Berra.
The area of 10.6 km ² large municipality area includes a portion of the pre-alpine area of the uplands. In the West, has a share of the Gruyère lake to Hauteville. The shore is highly structured in the range of Hauteville, since several streams that originate on the western slope of Berra, in small little valley flow into the lake. This little valley were flooded during the impoundment of Lake Gruyère, including that of the Serbache on the northern border of the area. From the shore, the community ground relatively gently sloping hillside with woods and partly marshy pastures extends eastward across the terrace of Hauteville up until the expiring of the Berra to the southwest ridge. A small part of its territory lies beyond the ridge in the catchment area of the achievements Javro and includes alpine meadows Pré aux Oies and L' Alliere. The highest point of Hauteville is, 1500 m above sea. M. reached at Le Gîte d' Allières southwest of the Berra. From the municipality surface 1997 4 % came from settlements, 43 % of forest and shrubs, 52 % to agriculture and slightly more than 1% was unproductive land.
To Hauteville include some Hofsiedlungen as well as numerous individual farms and alpine huts. Neighboring communities of Hauteville are Corbières, Echarlens, Pont -en- Ogoz, Pont- la -Ville, La Roche and Val -de- Charmey.
With 561 inhabitants ( 31 December 2012) Hauteville one of the smaller municipalities in the canton of Fribourg. Of the 92.0% inhabitants are French-speaking, German-speaking 5.2 % and 1.5 % portugiesischsprachig (as of 2000). The population of Hauteville amounted in 1850 to 500 inhabitants, 1900 to 533 inhabitants. During the 20th century, a population decline of more than 40 % was recorded at 312 inhabitants in 1980 due to strong migration. Since then, a significant population increase was observed again.
Hauteville was until the second half of the 20th century, mainly coined by farming village. Even today, animal husbandry and dairy farming ( for cheese production ) and to a lesser extent agriculture an important role in the economic structure of the population. More jobs are in small local manufacturing and services available. Hauteville is the seat of the Catholic publishing house Editions du Parvis SA. In recent decades, the village has developed thanks to its attractive location and into a residential community. Most workers are therefore commuters who Bulle and Fribourg work in the regions.
The community is conveniently technically quite well developed. It lies on the main road from Freiburg to Broc. By bus Transports Publics Fribourgeois that on the lines of Freiburg via La Roche to Bulle and Fribourg to Jaun, Haute Ville is connected to the public transport network.
The first written mention of the village was carried out in 1228 under the name Auta vila, derived from the Latin words alta (high) and villa (village, town ). Since the Middle Ages Hauteville is part of the reign of Corbières. The municipal area the monastery Valsainte was due to a donation of the Lords of Corbières rich land. This was also the reason why the monks of the monastery in 1637 received the citizenship of Hauteville. In the other was located near the village in the 12th and 13th centuries, one of the Premonstratensians the monastery Humilimont entertaining ( at Marsens ) farm, which also includes a chapel was connected.
Hauteville shared the fortunes of the rule Corbières, came up with this in 1454 to the county of Greyerz and 1553 in Freiburg, which set up the Bailiwick of Corbières. In 1745, many homes a fire fell victim. After the collapse of the ancien régime ( 1798), the village belonged until 1848 to the prefecture respectively to the district Corbières, then it was assigned to the district of Gruyère.
Since the 12th century the parish Hauteville is mentioned. The church of Saint -Etienne 1620 was built on the site of the former chapel of the Premonstratensian.