• Kirchheim Center (007 1)
  • Kirchheim- North (007 2)
  • Kirchheim -West ( 007 3)
  • Kirchheimer - hall ( 007 4) Neurott

Kirchheim is a district of Heidelberg (Baden- Württemberg), which lies in the southwest of the city.

There is an old historical center, where even the former town hall is from the time of independence of Kirchheim. Towards the inner city Kirchheim- North includes, in the west the Hüttenbühl and Kirchheim- West at. A few years ago Kirchheim was extended towards Sandhausen to the village development area. Is currently being developed west of Kirchheim- North to Cuzaring the development area in Bieth. To Kirchheim also include the Kirchheimer Weg, the Patrick Henry Village and relocated farms Neurott, Marstall and Kirchheimer Hof.


The first traces of settlement are archaeological finds ( vessels, stone axes, stone chisel) from the Neolithic period ( 3500-1800 BC). The findings are attributable to the cultures of the Linear Pottery culture and the Corded Ware culture.

Mentioned for the first time in writing the place was 767 AD as Chirichheim in the Lorsch Codex year.

In the Thirty Years' War, the village together with its church was badly damaged; the reconstruction suffered a severe setback by re- burning of the Palatinate War of Succession.

On April 1, 1920 Kirchheim was amalgamated with its approximately 8,000 inhabitants to Heidelberg, and since that time a district.


Since planning for the 1824 completed the Old Town Hall to the annexation to Heidelberg the fortunes of the village of following mayors, reeves and sheriffs were conducted:

  • Johann Georg Koppert (1795-1824)
  • Johann Georg Leiberg (1824-1825)
  • Georg Adam Lüll (1825-1830)
  • Heinrich Schmitt (1831-1838)
  • Johann Ludwig Schneider (1838-1844)
  • Georg cold Schmitt (1845-1848)
  • Heinrich Schmitt (1848-1854)
  • Georg cold Schmitt (1854-1860)
  • Georg Mampel (1861-1870)
  • Philip Alexander Cold Schmitt (1870-1894)
  • Georg Schmitt cold III. (1894-1914)
  • Johann Georg Goll (1914-1918)
  • Matthias driver (1918-1920)


In the former main street, which was pedestrianized since ( re) commissioning of the tram line 26, many small shops of retailers are located. The grocery stores form a dense network, so that all daily transactions can be completed locally. Many doctors have settled in this district.


In 1865, Kirchheim was a railway station. 1910, the tram was Heidelberg - Kirchheim put into operation in 1972 but reinstated. After fierce debate in the Heidelberg Kirchheim council has since December 9, 2006 after several years of construction work again a tram connection ( line 26 ) to the city center of Heidelberg. In addition, the district shares a S- Bahn stop with Rohrbach, who is approached at 30 -minute intervals. Kirchheim is also used by five bus routes (33, 717, 720, 721, 722 ) approached.

The A5 and B3 run over near the hamlet of Kirchheim.


Kirchheim has two primary schools, one secondary school with Werkrealschule, a special school and a newly built junior high school:

  • Electoral Palatinate school (elementary school)
  • Scholl - Schule (primary, secondary and Werkrealschule )
  • Gregor Mendel (Realschule )
  • Robert -Koch -Schule ( special education / special education )

Additional information is found in this district seven kindergartens in by the Catholic or Protestant church and the city of Heidelberg.


In Kirchheim there are two Protestant churches with the parishes Blumhardt and Wichern, as well as the Roman Catholic Church of St. Peter.