The Heidelberg Rowing Club 1872 eV ( short Heidelberger RK or HRK ) is an established 1872 Heidelberg sports club. In addition to the oars he has a successful rugby department.
- 2.1 history
- 2.2 Achievements
The HRK close to 450 rowing members. The main line is located on the Neckar river between the Old Bridge ( river mile 25.4 ) and the weir ( rkm 22.6 ).
The members of the Community Boat Bismarck founded the German Flag Club on May 9, 1872. 1875 closed all the rowing clubs to Heidelberg Heidelberg rowing club together. 1880, the first Foreign regatta was won. In 1928 Heinrich Bender and Rudi Wild part in the Summer Olympic Games in Amsterdam. 2000, the ninth boathouse of the Heidelberg Rowing Club was put into operation.
Together with the Rudergesellschaft Heidelberg organized the HRK under the umbrella of the Heidelberg Regatta Association in May each year, the Heidelberg rowing regatta.
Excerpt from the successes of the Heidelberg Rowing Club.
The Rugby Field is located in Kirchheim.
Edward Hill Ullrich, the rugby union rules translated into German in 1891, founded the rugby department of Heidelberger Rowing Club. She was the first of its kind in Germany. Initially it was rowed in the summer and played rugby in winter. Until the mid-twentieth century, many members exercised both sports. 1960 got the rugby department own place at its present location.
Nine times of HRK won the German Championship: 1927, 1928, 1971, 1973, 1976, 1986, 2010, 2011 and 2012 he was presented three times German Cup winner (1973, 1976 and 2011 ), as well as 2011 German champions in 7- rugby.. The youth department has, since 1969 a total of 28 tracks. The women's team won the 2006 and 2008 German 7 Series Championship and in 2010 the German 15er Championship.