Helpt is a municipality in the eastern part of the district of Mecklenburg Lake District in southeastern Mecklenburg -Vorpommern. It is administered by the Office Woldegk based in the same city.
The community Helpt located about 20 kilometers east of Neubrandenburg and five kilometers north of Woldegk. In the southeast of the municipality is the 179.2 m. ü. NHN highest elevation of the Helpter mountains and in Mecklenburg- Vorpommern. The municipal area is dominated by arable land, only small areas in the east are forested.
- Pasenow ( incorporated on 13 June 1999 )
Helpt was first mentioned in 1298 in a deed. Helpt long time was also Castle location near the border with Pomerania and Brandenburg. 1455 the family Bredow was invested with Helpt. From 1665 Oertzen were invested with Helpt. In 1753 it was sold to Captain Lucius Arnold of Rhaden. 1782 came the estate of Otto Ulrich von Dewitz. 1884 elfachsige manor house was built of red bricks. From 1911 the manor was with the two outworks the Barons von Bodenhausen.
The ruins of the medieval castle of Helpt was used until the 1950s as a potato cellar. Then they built on the castle hill shed and small animal stables. Mid-1990s, the original castle hill and the ice house were restored.
- Helpt village church from the second half of the 13th century
- Village church in Pasenow
- Mansion Helpt with the remains of the former castle
Church in Pasenow
War memorial in 1914-18 Pasenow
The railway line runs through the Biitzow - Szczecin municipality and has served in Oertzenhof a passenger station. The regional road passes through 281, the federal highway 104 south of the community. The Federal Highway 20 is accessible via the about five kilometers away, junction Friedland in middle.