51.4222222222227.2816666666667Koordinaten: 51 ° 25 ' 20 " N, 7 ° 16' 54" E
Meesmannstraße ( to 1975 Main Street), Herbeder pedestrian
Witten- Herbede is the oldest and with an area of 24 km ² the largest district of Witten. It is located about 5 km south-west of the Witten city center on the left side of the Ruhr on the edge of the Rhenish Slate Mountains and the Kemnader lake. The center is the shopping street Meesmannstraße. Herbede has about 13,500 inhabitants.
- 4.1 traffic 4.1.1 rail, tram and bus
- 4.1.2 roads
Witten- Herbede is right on the Ruhr and the reservoir Kemnade with large open spaces, things to do, as well as numerous hiking and biking trails. In the south, hilly, larger forest areas, which form the transition to the Sauerland and the Bergische Land. Essen, Bochum and Dortmund are reachable in a few minutes.
The district Herbede contains five urban, so-called " statistical areas " that are marked with numbers. It is to be
- 81 Herbede -site
- 82 Vormholz
- 83 Bommerholz - Muttental
- 84 Through wood
- 85 Beechwood champions.
Between 1951 ( the town charter ) and 1975 ( incorporation Herbedes by Witten) was the city Herbede from the districts Herbede - place Vormholz, through wood, Bommerholz, warriors and Buchholz (1970 ).
Herbede was first mentioned in 851 as Villa Herribeddiu. In 1032 the church of St. Vitus, which belongs to the abbey Deutz, was built. House Herbede was first mentioned in documents in 1208, a Ruhrbrücke at Herbede was first mentioned in 1347. 1589 held the Reformation catchment in Herbede. A school for the parish was built in 1606. 1683 Herbede was given the right to conduct a weekly market. Due to the resistance of the neighboring towns of Witten and Hattingen this right was withdrawn in 1689.
The Herbeder lock was put into operation in 1780. The manufacturer Friedrich Spennemann built in 1783 two hammers. The steel and iron factory Herdegen took in 1788 on the operation. 1811 a new lock was built in 1828 opened a post office in 1860 and a rolling mill. The Ruhr valley railway connected Herbede from 1868 to the Rhineland. The Office Herbede was founded in 1886, this included East and Westherbede, through wood, Vormholz and Heven. Parochial vicar Johannes guards built in 1889 together with Franciscans a sister's house, which also served as an orphanage. Connection to the water supply network in 1894, 1906 Herbede was electrified.
On April 1, 1926, formed from the communities through wood, Vormholz, Eastern and Westherbede the community Herbede. The gas supply network was put into operation in 1927. On the occasion of the 1100- year celebration Herbede received city rights on 14 July 1951. As part of local government reform in the district Buchholz was the previous city Blankenstein incorporated on 1 January 1970. 1971, the stretch of the A43 was released. On 1 January 1975 Herbede was incorporated to Witten. The Kemnade was opened in 1980. Bruno J. Sobotka and friends created 1982 the Friends House Herbede, today patrons Witten mansions. Franz Hengsbach Opened in 1985, the Old Center St. Joseph House. The first Herbeder Oktoberfest took place in 1986, since then the city festival attracts an annual average of 100,000 visitors. After painstaking restoration work the house Herbede was presented in 1988 to the public. After the partial collapse of the walls and the temporary use as a residence since it was used among other things as a stage for cabaret and exhibition space for visual artists.
In the catchment area Herbedes there are two universities ( University of Witten / Herdecke, Ruhr- University Bochum).
Infrastructure and economy
Rail, tram and bus
Public transport is ensured in Herbede by several bus lines. The next regional train station in Witten- center can be reached in 16 minutes, the next long-distance railway station in Bochum within a little over 30 minutes.
In the outskirts of Herbede there is only a rudimentary bus due to the sparse population. The attempt to establish a Bürgerbus failed in 2006 due to lack of active support of the population.
From April to November moves on some days the museum railway " Ruhrtalbahn " the two Herbeder breakpoints " Witten- Herbede " and " ruin Hard stone " to.
Herbede is served by the federal highway 43 on the highway network.
- Brill Garden Tools GmbH, production of lawn mowers, scarifiers, lawn trimmers, shredders and elec. hedge Trimmers
- Pleiger GmbH, mechanical engineering, electronic machine controls and plastics technology
- Boesner ( Art Supplies, acting beyond Germany company headquartered in Herbede )
- Friedr. Lohmann GmbH, manufacturers of special and stainless steels
The Civil District Herbede eV goes back to an initiative of private and business people in March 2003. The official club founded on 11 July 2005. As a common platform for all those who want to get involved for Herbede, individual citizens, associations, communities, schools, businesses, churches, but also parties want the citizen circle contribute to the interest in the development to promote Herbedes and to develop and implement ideas for the common living space. The functionalities of the district Herbede should receive, to increase economic development of the district and the supply structure complements and further improved. To expertise and local knowledge of the Herbeder citizens for the future development of the village are more activated on the Civil District as a common platform of civic engagement and feed into the policy decisions. This circle of citizens wants to contribute to the transparency of political processes and the rationality of decision-making.
The Civil District employed the " Dorfmeister Herbede " ( Kümmerer in place ) and has been addressed for years against the building closest to the center of a brownfield site ( tanner's quarter ) with a full food catering. For the second time a citizens' petition is now initiated, after the City Council has opposed the present factual arguments repeal of existing agreements and unfrozen this area for the establishment of a food market. The civil district, the home club Herbede, residents and stakeholders of the place feared destruction of the center and other drawbacks for the development of the district.
The media equipment will meet the media offer of the city of Witten. In addition, appear in Herbede:
- Image ( monthly magazine with a focus Herbeder retail)
- The Herbeder ( monthly magazine display with a focus on local history, clubs and policies on the ground ).
Both publications appear in the Herbeder districts Herbede Center, Buchholz and warriors, in Vormholz and through wood and outside Herbedes in Heven -Lake.
Culture and sights
In Herbede found with the former noble residence Herbede house from the 12th century is the oldest building Wittens.
In Herbede there are several investors for the passenger ship Swallow II, but the bus only runs during the summer months between the Kemnade and Bommern. With the season starts in early April bridal couples can charter the "Swallow " to get married on board. The operators of the " Swallow" Stadtwerke Witten.
To Herbede ( districts Ostherbede and Vormholz ) is also the area of the nature reserve Hardenstein with the ruins Hard stone and parts of the mining trail Muttental. Near the ruins wrong the hard stone ferry between the southern Herbeder Ruhr side and the northern Ruhr Hevener page on which the lock is Herbeder.
Herbede part of 2007 on the dwindling districts in the Ruhr area, which still have a classic center with owner-managed retail stores.