- Hamm- Minden ( KBS KBS 370 and 400)
- Herford-Bünde-Rahden/Rheine ( KBS 386)
- Herford Altenbeken ( KBS 405)
The Herford station is a junction station with four platforms and seven platform tracks. It lies on the total four-track, electrified railway mainline from Hamm ( Westfalen) to Minden, a section of the original route of the historic Cologne -Minden Railway Company.
In Herford Station branches towards the south, the railway line to Altenbeken off northbound train to the Ravens Berger frets and Rahden with through binding to the railway wages - Rheine.
- 6.1 Highway
- 6.2 transport
- 7.1 platforms and passenger railroad
- 7.2 Freight train tracks and the train yard
- 7.3 Postverladegleise
- 7.4 tracks, switches and signals
- 7.5 sidings
- 7.6 Age freight station / goods shed
- 7.7 interlocking
The station is located in the Radewiger field mark only about 300 meters from the Herford city center ( Radewig ) away. Just beyond it is for in 2005 opened Art and Design Museum MARTa Herford. On the way there is the Herford music school. Near the railway station are also the district administration, the army recruiting office, the tax office, the Technisches Rathaus, disco GoParc and parking garages Radewig and MARTa district.
The railway line is in high position, so that the intersecting streets in the city run under it. The station is located almost exactly in a north-south direction.
On October 15, 1847 Herford connection was to the Cologne -Minden Railway Company with a single track. As a first provisional reception building a brick building in 1851 created. A second track was to Bad Oeynhausen commissioned in 1853 to Bielefeld and 1854. Between 1873 and 1875 the station facilities were rebuilt and extended the reception building. 1879 and 1880 a roundhouse was built with a turntable, water tower and coal shed. On December 31, 1880, the single-track railway line Herford Himmighausen - Altenbeken was added. 1902, the old station building was replaced by a new building and in the meantime several times. Operation on 1 July 1904, recorded on the single track until today link Herford Kirchlengern.
From 1911 the two freight tracks between Hamm and Minden was built, which were taken 1912-1916 in operation, so that the track is four tracks ever since. In this context, the then ground-level railway line was laid on an embankment and the railway crossings replaced by bridges.
During the Second World War, there was only minor damage that could be eliminated relatively quickly. 1954 began with the demolition of railway operations work.
Mid-1960s, the main line was electrified. The first electrically hauled train ran on September 29, 1968 through the station. This was followed on 27 May 1975, the route to Altenbeken and on 20 September 1976 the connection to Kirchlengern.
1975/76 the wooden roofs were replaced on the platforms with steel roofs and built a new freight handling. In 1987, the station was a listed building. Since 1988 also hold Intercity trains in Herford. In 1997, the general cargo traffic was stopped.
Between December 2008 and mid-2013, the station was expanded, with lift access to the four platforms and installed throughout the station tactile guide strips were mounted for the visually impaired. This also included the renewal of the platform lighting and signage system. In addition, the surfaces of the platforms were renewed and brought to uniform heights. Outside of platform canopies that had been previously repaired, new weather protection cottages were erected. The old lifts were removed. They were connected by a tunnel luggage with the reception buildings and goods clearance.
In the pedestrian tunnel in the floor were replaced, lining the side walls and a new signage installed. In this context, the luggage lockers were dismantled.
The destination displays on the platforms are now no longer visible from the pedestrian tunnel, as they were not attached to the side of the platform on which each only remaining staircase leads to the platforms, but on the side where the stairs were dismantled in favor of the elevators.
The cost of the conversion were approximately four million euros.
In the past, has also been discussed by a puncture of the persons tunnel under the freight train tracks, so that the platforms would have been accessible from the west side. However, this was never realized.
The main platform 1 was renewed for a length of 210 meters with a height of 76 inches above top of rail. From the north, there is a ramp directly - but unofficial - From the station forecourt. At the southern end, the direct access to the parking garage Radewig, which is right next to the tracks, shut off. Before renovation could get from the car park to the platform via a flight of five steps. Due to the accessibility of this is no longer possible. An extension of the platform 1 to about 40 meters, a ramp and a security fence to the track one would have caused by representation of the path costs in six figures. Rail passengers to park in the parking garage, must now take the detour over the station forecourt.
The renewal of the platform 2 was carried out over a length of 330 meters with a height of 76 inches above top of rail. Beyond this platform portions remained in their old state. Originally, the platform edge was at the track for more than 3 on track 2, which was related to the location of points and signals as well as a railway siding in front of the head of the northern railway Rising.
The platform 3 was renewed only on track 4 on the total length of 406 meters and a width of about two meters. Here too, the northern and southern sections have been increased to 76 inches above top of rail. On track 5 of the new platform pad was only built in the area of the roof, the stairs and the elevator on a length of 80 meters. To the north and south of it was the old platform covering made . This Platform sections were blocked off with a sturdy fence so that they can no longer be accessed. The Track 5 can therefore be used only for overhauls of shorter commuter trains.
The platform 4 was increased to a length of about 40 meters by 38 centimeters at the northern and southern end to 76 inches above top of rail. Thus, it has a uniform height along the entire length of 405 meters.
Responsibilities and services
From 1 April 1895 to 1949 Herford belonged to Reichsbahndirektion Hanover, then to 1972, the Federal Railway Board Hannover. After dissolution and merging of some Federal Railway Directorates of the station on 1 June 1972, the Railway Board Food has been assigned. The border with the Railway Board Hannover was between the stations Herford and wages. In 1994, the Federal Railway Directorates were dissolved.
Until 1954 there was a railway depot in Herford ( Bw ). Until the early 1990s, the train station to the railroad board Bielefeld, Bielefeld to Nachrichtenmeisterei and Hochbaubahnmeisterei Gütersloh belonged. Until then, it was in Herford also the department Güterabfertigung (Ga). Today, there is no department of Deutsche Bahn more in Herford. Except in the signal box and the travel center no DB employees are engaged more in Herford.
Herford Train Station is managed by the Deutsche Bahn subsidiary DB Station & Service AG. Since 2012 it belongs to the Railway Station Category 2, to that in Germany a total of 82 stations belong.
Next to the train station Herford in Eastern Westphalia -Lippe only the Hauptbahnhof Bielefeld and the Altenbeken station the train station category 2 All other stations were classified into the categories 3-7.
In long-distance passenger train station is two intercity lines is operated:
More direct connections there in the morning to Basel via Frankfurt airport and Freiburg (Breisgau ) and to Oberstdorf via Mannheim, Stuttgart and Ulm.
In particular, Fridays and Sundays there are more direct individual features of the IC line 32 to Aachen, Frankfurt, Karlsruhe, Stuttgart, Munich and Tübingen.
Between mid- April and the end of October at the weekend two pairs of trains to and from Binz on the island of Rügen.
Also run single ICE in days remoteness and from Hannover and Basel or Berlin Ostbahnhof to Cologne. Two other ICE stop there in the nights from Sunday to Monday to Cologne and Berlin.
During the service in the public transport is relatively constant up to thinning at the weekend, the long-distance traffic stops were more and more adapted to the demand over the years. Fridays and Sundays and Thursday afternoons and Monday mornings keep in Herford on the IC line 32, which runs between Herford and Hanover without stopping, more trains the relation Cologne - Berlin than in the rest of the time.
This and other adjustments to the demand, there are considerable variations within a week at the Highway Keep in Herford. So keep the timetable year 2013/2014 Saturdays only 15 ICE or IC, while keeping Friday 31 ICE / IC in Herford Station. In between, the other days of the week with 26 rest ( Sunday), 22 (Monday ), 19 ( Thursdays), and 17 ( Tuesday, Wednesday ) hold.
See also: List of Intercity - Express lines, List of Intercity - Express railway stations
In rail transport Herford is to Bielefeld 's second largest railway hub in the regional transport of East Westphalia -Lippe and is served by several regional express and regional train lines.
See also: Public transport in the district of Herford
Track and station facilities
Platforms and passenger railroad
The Herford Station has a main platform and three island platforms with a height of 76 cm above top of rail. They are covered individually. The seven platform tracks are assigned in the rule as follows:
Main platform 1 ( effective length: 210 m)
Track 1 ( effective length: 276 m ): Stop the trains from Bielefeld to Bad Bentheim (RB 61)
Island platform 2 ( usable length: 330 m)
Track 2 ( working length 343 m towards Hanover, 388 meters towards Bielefeld): Starting and ending trains from and to Paderborn ( RB 72)
Track 3 ( working length 544 m towards Hanover, 576 meters towards Bielefeld ): Stop the trains from Bad Bentheim to Bielefeld (RB 61) and from Bielefeld to Rahden (RB 71)
Island platform 3 ( effective length on the track 4: 406 m, on track 5: 80 m) The platform 3 was expanded only on track 4 on a length of 406 meters. Is on track 5 only in the central region developed a platform length of 80 meters available because the track is not currently needed runs regularly. In case of delays, construction on the tracks or other irregularities may thus there short local trains going towards Hanover and overhauled. A passing opportunity for longer trains in this direction consists in track 7, which can be reached by crossing the main track the opposite direction. Details of the platform removal, see the section Disabled expansion, platform 3
This results in the following use of the tracks 4 and 5:
Track 4 ( effective length: 522 m):
- Continuous main track from Hamm to Hanover
- Holding IC and ICE from Cologne to Leipzig ( line 55 ) and to Berlin ( line 32)
- Maintenance of the trains from Dusseldorf to Minden (RE 6) and from Bielefeld to Braunschweig ( RE 70 ) or to Nienburg (RE 78)
Track 5 ( effective length: 522 m): Overhaul track towards Hanover ( currently can only irregularities of shorter trains up to 80 meters in length, for example, the line RE be used 78)
Island platform 4 ( usable length: 405 m)
Track 6 ( effective length: 462 m):
- Continuous main track of Hannover towards Hamm
- Holding IC and ICE from Leipzig to Cologne ( line 55) and from Berlin to Cologne ( line 32)
- Maintenance of the trains from Minden to Dusseldorf (RE 6) from Braunschweig to Bielefeld (RE 70) and of Nienburg to Bielefeld (RE 78)
Track 7 ( usable length: 505 m): Overhaul track towards Bielefeld (used only in case of irregularities )
Freight train tracks and the train yard
In addition to the passenger track 7, the two continuous main lines are 8 and 9 of the freight line Hamm- Minden and the freight train overhaul track 10 The next to it subsequent tracks 12 to 15, although can still be used, but as they are not needed, they are overgrown and partly from the interlocking disconnected. The next tracks 16, 21 and 22 already include as the goods hall of Herford. Between the tracks 15 and 16, therefore, is currently a construction fence.
The extensive freight facilities that were built in the 1870s are hardly used today. These include sidings, shunting, loading and Ausziehgleise, head and side ramps, loading road, a road roller system, clearance of goods with goods shed, scales for trucks and railway wagons and transfer tracks for the railway sidings.
Altogether there are in addition to the regularly used tracks 1 to 10 or 16 tracks or track segments in the inventory of the station, which could be reactivated when needed.
North of the station building there is in the amount of the interlocking a former coaching platform with two tracks, where until the 1960s, packages and mail bags on and were unloaded. The post- or luggage carts were for a driveway from the road driving " the railway embankment " on the platform.
Tracks, switches and signals
On a map of Herford station, built in 1987, was valid even in 1993, a total of 50 tracks with 45 sections of track, 101 turnouts, 31 main signals (sometimes with warning signals ) and 10 individually standing distant signals or distant signal are recorded. Of this, however, some parts of the former goods station is no longer used.
Within the urban area there are three sidings, but not all are in operation. North of the station performs a siding to Herford brewery. Through several turning or Sägefahrten also the second siding the company Sulo and the Herford small train were accessible about this track. South of the train station in the district Diebrock a siding in the newly developed industrial park was built there in the 1970s, among other things, in the 90s, was used by the company wellcarton and Viessmann.
Age freight station / goods shed
The former goods shed, built in 1918, is since 1997, when the general cargo traffic was stopped, no longer used by the railroad. She was purchased in 2004 by the city of Herford and then renovated. Today it is markets, exhibitions, concerts, fashion shows and the like used as the " Age freight station " as an event hall for exhibitions (eg HerbstZeitLos ). On an area of 3,615 sq.ft. meters are located in three halls and the former goods clearance. At events where up to 2,000 visitors are allowed.
The interlocking Hf, which is in the north extension of the house platform, is a Siemens push button interlocking of type Sp Dr S 60. From there, the total area of the Herforder station is operated. Also both equipped with full barriers crossings at the Elverdisser and Ahmser road as well as some smaller crossings with flashing light and / or semi- barriers on the route Herford Himmighausen be monitored from there.
Prior to commissioning the Switchboard on 25 June 1978 in Herford gave the electro-mechanical interlocking Hmf, Hn, Ho and ms
To the south and north of the station can go through propelled passenger trains through the tracks 4 and 6 maximum of 160 km / h. North of the station platforms, however, the route is in an arc so that there for a length of 1,000 meters and in the direction Bielefeld on a length of 900 meters, only a maximum of 140 km / h can be driven in the direction of Hanover.
The speed limit on the freight train tracks 8 and 9 is 120 km / h Here, the length of the section in the bow, where only 110 km / h can be driven in the direction of travel Hannover 500 meters and 200 meters in the direction of Bielefeld.
Toward Altenbeken can with a maximum of 40 km / h extended from the railway station. After 800 meters can be accelerated to be 70 km / h. The incoming trains must slow down to the last 900 meters of 70 km / h to 40 km / h.
Extension end moves toward Kirchlengern can click on the first 700 meters, a maximum of 40 km / h, then 100 km / h are allowed. At the entrance to the station from the direction Kirchlengern of the 40 km / h section is 800 meters long.
The city area is accessible from the central bus station right next to the station building ( covered access ) in 30 - minute intervals of two city bus lines. Central bus meeting point in the city traffic is the Old Market (800 m or two stops away ). At the bus station also hold regional buses, including by the frets, Spengemann, wages, Bad Salzuflen, Bielefeld - Schildesche. In particular, because of the lying right next to the station United disco GoParc travels on weekends and before public holidays every half hour a night bus to Bielefeld ( roundhouse and Jahnplatz ).
In buses and regional trains of the regional tariff association applies " The sixes" (OWL Transport GmbH ) and the NRW - tariff. Excluded, however, are the night buses in the city and in the direction of Bielefeld, frets, Enger, Spengenberg as well as the "Disco Bus ". The Niedersachsen-Ticket, which is available at the vending machine, since the timetable change in December 2013 applies on routes towards Hanover and Osnabrück also from and to Herford.
The entrance is made by the station building where an electronic departure board was installed in January 2009. A side exit does not exist. The remodeled in the years 2009-2012 platforms are accessible by a renovated pedestrian tunnel, each with a staircase and a lift. The main platform 1 (track 1) also has a side access without steps. Coming from Paderborn to Bielefeld and from Osnabrück Paderborn to the connector ( tracks 2 and 3) usually takes place at the same platform, but not in the respective opposite direction.
The travel center is open during the following hours: Mon 7:00 -18 Clock 00 Clock, Tue-Fri 8:00 -18 clock 00 clock, Sat 8:00 clock -12: 30 clock. During the day there on the platform, a service team. In the reception building also contains a book and magazine shop, a bakery with street café, a travel supply store and a restaurant. More stores are on the station forecourt in the area of bus stops. The toll toilets were renovated a few years ago. Since late 2006, there is again a mission station in the reception building. The carrier is the Protestant church service - Inner Mission Bielefeld. The station 's mission is Monday to Saturday from 13:00 bis 18:00 clock clock and Sundays from 13:00 to 19:00 clock clock occupied.
Park -and-ride, bike -and-ride
This town is near the train station car park Radewig 36 parking spaces for rail travelers are reserved. Right next to the station building there is a bike station with about 250 bicycle parking spaces.
Since the end of September 2009 are stationed at the train station five bikes of the DB Fahrradmietsystems "Call a Bike". However, it must be delivered at the station as opposed to the system in large cities after use.
The taxi ranks are located in front of the entrance.
On the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the German railways and the commissioning of the first ICE came on 30 November 1985 at Herford Station for the first time at a meeting of the InterCityExperimental with the eagle. Such a meeting, there was only once on 6 December 1985 in Fürth.
On 17 May 2006 at 11 clock, an ICE 3 Series 403 was christened " Herford " on the platform 4 in Track 7.