- 4.1 Theodosianum
- 4.2 Hirslanden
- 5.2 Public Transport
- 6.1 waters
- 7.1 School Hirslanden
- 7.2 Open Air School Zurich mountain
- 8.1 Quartiertreff Hirslanden
Coat of arms
The first mention of Hirslanda goes back to the year 946 and is related with the payment of tithes to the Grossmünsterplatz pen. The place name has hardly changed since then, Hirslandä is only through the transcription of Zurich German into High German to Hirslanden.
In Hirslanden never formed a real center, the community was a scattered settlement with smaller settlement focus on the road to Forch and in the Klus. The largest concentrations were formed on the cross course, the Hegibach and the Municipal House, by which the area received the designation in the village.
Hirslanden fell within the jurisdiction of Kelnhof ( Grange ) Stadelhofen, which belonged to the wife of Münster. Lords had since the mid-13th century, the Zurich Mülner that sold in 1358 their rights over Stadelhofen to the city of Zurich. The city of Zurich was divided Stadelhofen including the respective areas in the 1384 Upper Bailiwick Küsnacht, which lasted until the collapse of the Ancien Régime in 1798 and the establishment of the Helvetic Republic.
After Hirslanden decades had heard in church the Great Munster, founded it in 1834 together with the communities Hottingen and Riesbachstrasse the parish Neumünster, a joint stock company with the objective to realize an own church. The Neumünster was created 1836-1839 and is located on the Neumünsterstrasse that leads from Hegibachplatz towards Zurich. The area belongs to Riesbachstrasse (Quartier Weinegg ). However, the name Neumünster is more rooted and also referred to a nearby schoolhouse and post office 8032 that does not follow the abstract urban classification, but pragmatically, the area served Neumünster.
1893, the municipality Hirslanden and ten other independent communities were part of the city of Zurich. The city and the new eleven municipalities were divided into five cities ( I to V). Hirslanden formed together with Fluntern, Hottingen and Riesbachstrasse the urban district of V.
The division of the original five urban districts in 1913 and revised it were new, the urban districts 1-8 formed by the tripartite division of the city circle III and the division of the city circle V. Thus, the circle V was renumbered in today's urban district 7, while the former municipality Riesbachstrasse became the new city circuit 8. With the spin-off Ries Bach Hirslanden lost Balgrist area and parts of the area around the Kreuzplatz that were allotted new Riesbachstrasse to compensate for the size of the circles a little.
The second incorporation of 1934 eight more communities were added to the city, which have been combined in the new urban districts 9 to 11, while the old urban districts were left unchanged, with two exceptions: Wipkingen switched into the circuit 10, while the new church Witikon the existing circle was assigned to 7. The latter had a late effect on Hirslanden, which lost another area after Balgrist than 1964 eggs Brecht was reallocated Witikon.
While the area is isolated from other eggs Brecht district, the area Balgrist is closely related to Hirslanden.
Hirslanden today is primarily a residential district, in which the street names still remember hammer and wire drawing in mind that once two forges and a mill took advantage of the water power of the military and of Bach's coming from Adlisberg ago sticks Tobel Bach ( Schlyfi ).
Stirs is the residential area with small businesses ( corner shops and boutiques ) and service companies that focus on the Forchstrasse and Klusplatz.
This opened in 1898 Theodosianum the Klusplatz was operated as a hospital and nursing school of the Franciscan Sisters of Ingenbohl to 1970. The property is in the style of northern Renaissance castle and its park system was then taken over by the city of Zurich, which have arranged by council resolution 1973 a retirement home.
The clinic was founded in 1932 Hirslanden and the adjacent Balgrist are in the area Balgrist that no longer belongs formally since the statistical territory of castling 1913 Hirslanden, but to Weinegg.
Main artery Hirslandens has always been the old road, had the function center and in 1846 expanded to today's Forchstrasse. At the Forch Street, which follows the district boundary over long distances, the grotesque Quartierteilun is particularly clear: From Balgrist the city limits include the street today to Riesbachstrasse while to a narrow strip along the weir Bach at Hirslanden was kept parallel. The main flow of traffic is also parallel to the slope of the Adlisbergs, while having the cross against the slope extending roads between Hegibachplatz and Klusplatz ( Hegibachstrasse and Hofackerstrasse ) significantly less traffic.
The Forch Street is the main feeder to Forch motorway ( A52 ) that begins in Zumikon and leads to Hinwil.
The community has since 1894 tram connection. Together with Hottingen were founded in 1893 Electric Tram Zurich ( ESZ ) and opened on 8 March 1894, the two first electric street railway lines in Zurich, with depot and power station in the castle meadow. As part of the municipalization of the tram companies, the SPC was already on 1 July 1896 the city from the ESZ the municipal Urban Tram Zurich ( StStZ ) was formed and over the years took seven more tram operations and integrated into the StStZ from which 1950 the Zurich Public Transport ( VBZ) emerged. Since 1912 also opens up Forchbahn Hirslanden, which is shared the tracks of the VBZ and administered by them. In 1997, the depot Burgwies was shut down and rebuilt between 2005 and 2007; Mid- 2006, is a branch of Migros into operation, at Pentecost 2007, the new Tram-Museum Zurich was opened.
The southern Hirslanden is served by tram line 11 and the Forchbahn (S18 ), the Klusplatz in the north can be reached by tram lines 3, 8 and 15 on Klusplatz is connected to three of the regional bus and trolleybus line 34 after Witikon. Since 1998, the extended trolleybus line 33 connects the Klusplatz with the Hegibachplatz, where since 1979 the trolleybus line 31 ends ( previously to Castle Meadow ), and thus represents the north-south connection in the neighborhood safe. From the railway taxi which will link Hirslanden directly with the much higher Witikon, whereas only one study exists, which was given by the two neighborhood associations in order.
Characteristic of the distinctive topography of the neighborhood of the poles Tobelbach is (because of a 1898 is built elephant sculpture also popularly called elephant Bach ), whose Tobel forms a natural boundary to the east Witikon. Also in the south, where the sticks Tobelbach after the confluence with the Wehrbach to the Zurich torrent is, the boundary follows to Weinegg the watercourse. The Hegibach however, who crosses the quarter and today's transport hub Hegibachplatz and Hegibachstrasse gives its name has been channeled over long distances and passes under the road surface.
Standing water is available in Hirslanden hardly. An exception to the lake next to the Degenried and the castle meadow - pond which was created in 1883 as a water reservoir for the old mill Hirslanden.
The public school Hirslanden consists of two school buildings Hofacker and Freie Strasse.
Open Air School Zurich mountain
Today's Open Air School Zurich mountain on the Biberlinstrasse was founded in 1914 as a forest school. The Stiftung Zürcher Forest Recreation Center wanted to provide vulnerable children with tuberculosis recovery here. As of January 1, 1939, the facility was taken over by the city of Zurich and renamed Open Air School Zurich mountain. It is open to Zurich teachers who wish to teach their classes in a natural environment one week.
The Quartiertreff Hirslanden servant in the house of the mill Hirslanden at Forchstrasse 248 started its operations in April 2005. It offers a café and multi-purpose room, a large hall for events as well as smaller rooms for groups and meetings. The building is since 1971 owned by the city of Zurich.
- The artist Arnold Böcklin let himself in today Böcklinstrasse a studio construct buildings. 1885-1892 he created famous works there and received his circle of friends, which included, inter alia, Gottfried Keller and Rudolf Koller. The building was in 1981 admitted to the list of national protection objects.
- The artist Karl Bickel was born in 1886 in Hirslanden.
- A native of Silesia politician Herman Greulich achieved in the then independent municipality Hirslanden Swiss citizenship and lived from 1875 until his death in 1925 at the Klusstrasse 28, he was the founder and editor of the Arbeiter-Zeitung " Tagwacht " and is also considered one of the first founders of the Swiss SP.
- The soprano Maria Stader lived in the 1950s and - 60s of the 18th Hirslanderstrasse