The community Hittisau 1850 inhabitants (December 31, 2013) is located in the eastern part of the Bregenz Forest region, and thus in Vorarlberg Bregenz district.
- 5.1 Demographics
- 6.1 parish church and chapels
- 6.2 Default Bregenzerwald
- 6.3 Women's Museum Hittisau
- 6.4 The Hittisau water trail
The municipality is located in the east of the Bregenzerwald ( Bregenz Forest in sketch shown in red ). Hittisau is surrounded by three valleys gorge. The landscape is characterized by woods, nature monuments and numerous waters. Hittisau is a member of the German - Austrian joint project Nagelfluhkette National Park.
The most significant mountains in Hittisau municipality belong to Nagelfluhkette, including the westernmost mountain of the chain, the Hochhaederich ( 1565 m above sea level. A. ). Other important mountains are the Red Mountain and the Hittisberg. The lowest point of the municipality is located at 640 m above sea level. A. Scheid Bachtobel, the highest peak represents the tip of the Feuerstätterkopfs
The municipality comprises the two cadastral Hittisau and Bolgenach.
The municipality borders on Hittisau six Austrian and two German communities. These are in the Austrian district of Bregenz communities Riefensberg, Krumbach, Langenegg, Lingenau, Egg and Sibratsgfäll and lying in the district of Bavaria Upper Allgäu community Balderschwang and the market Oberstaufen.
The municipal council consists of 18 members. These were elected at the last local council elections 2010 via dial list, and come from all citizens of the Open list Hittisau.
Since April 9, 2012 Klaus Schwarz is the mayor of the municipality.
The community is dominated by agriculture, in particular the Serviced (81 Alps in the municipality ). Also tourism is well developed. From the municipal total 19% are agricultural base areas, 35 % Alpine, 41 % forest and 5 % other surfaces.
To Hittisau includes the Lecknertal with the same name lake, which is used agriculturally to mid-September by the end of May. The Lecknerstraße is a toll road above the plot Hoefle to insubric lake park (15 minutes walk).
Since the turn of the millennium development take place, clearing and reclamation of the Bregenz Forest, led by the former Counts of Bregenz and the monastery Mehrerau.
First mention of Hittisau: 1249 AD
- See also: avalanche disaster of 1954 in Vorarlberg
Culture and sights
Parish church and chapels
- Epiphany Church in Hittisau
- Chapel in Gfäll
- St. Mary's Visitation Chapel in Hoefle
- Anthony Chapel in Leckner Valley
- Michael's Chapel in the hamlet Reute
- Assumption Chapel in Sippersegg
For attentive viewer is reflected in Hittisau the factory and construction wood in many forms. In a continuous regional value chain, the domestic wood is processed. Expertise, a sense of nature and its relationships, wealth of experience and practical knowledge craftsmanship combine to create a culture of performance at its best.
So wood is harmoniously integrated into the everyday life of the village: the most important element in architecture, in sawmill operations, old wooden bridges (very remarkable way, is the covered wooden bridge between Lingenau and the Egger district Großdorf, which goes back to Alois Negrelli, the planner of the Suez Canal ), the biomass heating plant, special craft, such as Peter Lasser, the only commercial Kufermeister far and wide, or just in the beautiful old trees.
In addition to some innovative private houses or lovingly renovated and adapted residential buildings stands out the Hittisau fire and Culture House, in which the only Austrian Museum of Women is established by its elegance and functionality.
Women's Museum Hittisau
The Women's Museum Hittisau, the first in Austria, has set itself the task of making the cultural work of women visible. There are cultural events, lectures and projects in and with other institutions. It was formed in 2000 through an initiative of women, under the leadership of native Hittisau and museum curator Elisabeth Stöckler which led it until 2009.
The Hittisau water trail
This path leads including through the narrow gorge, in the past a suspension bridge vivid detail brings a life-like model of a sawmill operation of a sawmill near- real. The trail brings digestion using numerous information boards in the water and is also part of the Hittisau round path and can be connected to this - including genuine badger. Hikers can connect this way with the rise of the house Mountain Hittisberg.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Josef von Bergmann ( born November 13, 1796 in Hittisau; † July 29, 1872 in Graz), since 1863 director of the Vienna Numismatic Collection
- Dietmar Eberle ( b. 1952 ), architect
- Edwin Carnival (1909-1957), theologian
- Helbok Adolf (1883-1968), historian and folklorist