Wood home is a municipality in the Swabian district of Dillingen on the Danube and the seat of the administrative community wood home.
- 3.1 municipal
- 3.2 Mayor
- 3.3 Local Finance
- 3.4 Coat of Arms
- 5.1 Economics
- 5.2 Education
The municipality wooden home is located in the south of the district of Dillingen on the Danube and meets there with the Landkreis Augsburg.
There are the following districts: Old Baindt, Ellerbach, Eppisburg, wood home, Weis rings.
Wood home, the monastery and its church today Fultenbach parts belonged until 1803 to the cathedral chapter of Augsburg and then fell to Bavaria. In the course of administrative reform in the Kingdom of Bavaria was born with the congregation of 1818, the municipality of wood home.
On January 1, 1975, until then independent municipality Ellerbach was incorporated. On May 1, 1978 Eppisburg and Weis rings were added ( with the eingemeindeten on October 1, 1970 Old Baindt ).
The council has 16 members. After the local elections on March 2, 2008, the following distribution of seats was
- Constituency association wooden home: 6 seats
- Free Wählergemeinschaft Weis Ingen: 5 seats
- Community choice Eppisburg: 3 seats
- Free electoral association Ellerbach - Fultenbach: 2 seats
Mayor since 1990 Erhard Friegel (WV / FWG / FWV ).
In 2011, the municipal tax revenue amounted to € 2,192,000, of which € 410,000 trade tax revenue ( net).
Coat of arms
The coat of arms description reads: Under split of red and silver shield main split of silver and blue; a front left inverted, golden crowned and reinforced blue lion, behind three six-pointed golden star diagonally behind each other.
The red-silver split main shield symbolizes the former belonging to the Bishopric of Augsburg ( until 1803 ). The lion coat of arms of the front half is the count's Adelmann 's coat of arms removed, as the humanist Konrad Adelmann of Adelmannsfelden lived in wooden home and died here in 1547. The three stars on a blue background are the coat of arms, derived from wood home, Abbot Michael Dobler of Deggingen removed.
- Catholic parish church of St. Martin in the district of wooden home
- Catholic Chapel of St. Sebastian in the district of wooden home
- Catholic parish church of St. Sixtus in the district Weis Ingen
- Catholic parish church of St. Peter and Paul in the district Ellerbach
- Catholic Church of St. Stephan in the district of Old Baindt
- Catholic parish church of St. Nicholas in the district Eppisburg
Chapel of St. Sebastian in wood home
St. Peter and Paul in Ellerbach
St. Sixtus in Weis Ingen
Economy and infrastructure
It was in 2011 according to official statistics in the manufacturing sector and 268 in the area of trade and transport 44 persons work at the workplace. Social insurance contributions at residence, there was total in 1453. In manufacturing, there were four and five companies in the construction industry. In 2010 there were also 63 farms with an agricultural area of a total of 2059 ha, of which 1634 ha of arable land and 425 ha of meadows and pastures.
In 2012 there were the following facilities:
- A kindergarten with 112 seats, in the supervised and encouraged as many children were
- Two public elementary schools, in which 428 students were taught in 19 classes of 28 teachers
- Community College Aschberg (VG wood home with the municipalities wood home, Glött, Aislingen )
Born in Wood Home
- Julius Kollmann (1834-1918), zoologist, anthropologist and anatomist