Homokmégy [ homokme ː ɟ ] is a municipality in the small area of Kalocsa Bács -Kiskun in the Southern Great Plain.
Homokmégy is located 120 km south of Budapest on the eastern bank of the Danube.
The Roman Catholic parish was founded in 1877, its register of birth have been kept since 1878. A new church was dedicated in 1878 to honor of St. Adalbert.
1938, a cemetery was discovered from the time of the Avars. The finds from the excavation are kept in the Hungarian National Museum.
After 1945, the infrastructure of the village developed ( electrification, kindergarten, library, community center, flats, artesian well, and groceries ). Between 1954 and 1973 several folk music researcher and collector visited the village. 1963 Homokmégy was a starting point for the Hungarian Ethnographic Atlas. 1996 next to the road Alsómégy - Homokmégy trenches from the 10th and 11th centuries were excavated.
The character of the neighborhood has been altered by flood control works since the 19th century, in which there are large peat deposits.
- Varsag (Romania )