Hua Sai District
Amphoe Hua Sai ( Thai: อำเภอ หัวไทร ) is a district ( Amphoe - administrative district ) in the southeastern province of Nakhon Si Thammarat. The Nakhon Si Thammarat province is located in the southern region of Thailand, about 780 km south of Bangkok on the east coast of the Malay Peninsula to the Gulf of Thailand.
Neighbouring districts (from the south clockwise): Amphoe the Ranot in the province of Songkhla, Amphoe Khuan the Khanun and Pa Phayom in Phatthalung Province and Amphoe Cha- uat, Chian Yai and Pak Phanang in the province of Nakhon Si Thammarat. To the east lies the Gulf of Thailand.
Hua Sai was established in 1904 under the name Khao Phang Krai ( เขา พัง ไกร ) The name arose from the central tambon Khao Phang Krai, where was the administration. As the administration building was moved to Tambon Hua Sai in 1906, the district got its present name. In 1924 the district was downgraded to a sub-district ( King Amphoe ) under the administration of Amphoe Pak Phanang. In the same year the administration was moved to its present location in the Tambon Hua Sai Muu 8. 1937 Hua Sai has been promoted to Amphoe.
Amphoe Ron Phibun is divided into eleven communities ( tambon), which in turn in 99 villages ( Muban ) are divided.
Hua Sai ( Thai: เทศบาล ตำบล หัวไทร ) is also the name of a small town ( thesaban tambon) in the district, it consists of parts of the tambon Hua Sai and Na Saton.
In addition, there are eleven " Tambon Administrative Organizations" (TAO, องค์การ บริหาร ส่วน ตำบล - administrative organizations) in the district.