Hubert Haenel is currently Chairman of the Parliamentary Delegation of the European Union. He was a member of the European Convention on Human Rights.
Haenel has studied Juristik specializing in criminology and 1975 completed her Master. From 1976 to 1986 he was a lecturer at the University of Aix-Marseille III in the subjects of politics and government and civil law. At that time he was already a member of the State Council. His occupation held is Legal Adviser ( Requettenmeister ) in the French Council of State, a kind of prosecutorial function within the government. He was at this function on 28 September 1986 and was in designated every nine years back, most recently on 26 September 2004.
Haenel is also Vice-President of the Regional Advisory Committee Alsace and was the development and construction of the regional rail transport system Transport express régional (TER) instrumental (so-called Haenel Commission).
- Member of the French Inter-Parliamentary Union Group ( IPU)
- Member of the Council " Conseil supérieur du service public ferroviaire " ( CSSPF ), an association founded by Ministerial Decision 1999 Council for the Promotion of public transport
- Member of the " Cour de Justice de la République " ( CJR ), a space created specifically for ministers Court in 1993, which can examine the legality of their work.
- Member of the Supreme Court
- Former Secretary of State
- Former first deputy in CSSPF
- Honorary Mayor of Lapoutroie
- Former Member of the Supervisory Council of the penal