Huglfing is a community in the Upper Bavarian district of Weilheim- Schongau in the Pfaff angle and seat of the administrative community Huglfing with the other member communities Eberfing, Eglfing and Oberhausen.
Surrounded by glacial moraine hills Huglfing situated at an altitude of 625 m above sea level. Through the valley of the Hungerbach pulls. Huglfing is on the railway line from Munich to Garmisch -Partenkirchen, about 60 km south of the state capital of Munich. The 472 B of Bad Tolz to Schongau leads through the village. Districts are Deimenried, Grasleiten, Rameck with the rest of the former castle Ramck, Rechetsberg and Steinweiler.
Oldest Remains of human activity on Huglfinger ground dates back to Neolithic times, they were found on ox hump and in the "Great Au ". From the Bronze Age barrows and originate from the Hallstatt and La Tène period there urnfield. Huglfing was probably founded around 510 AD The first mention was made in 1030 under the name Hugolvingen. The name is composed of the Germanic name " Hugolf " and the ending "-ingen ", where the Germanic name means hugu sense, mind, spirit and memory. The second syllable ingen refers to a clan affiliation. Huglfing was formerly in the possession of the Counts of Eschenlohe, later it was sold to the bishops of Augsburg. In 1332 Huglfing was donated by Emperor Ludwig the Bavarian from the Bishopric of Augsburg the property of Ettal Abbey on. From the 14th century had the " nobles of Ramung " a castle in the area now called Rameck. A major fire in 1500 destroyed many properties and heavily damaged the high medieval parish church. On Hungerbach were several mills, including the Mittermühle, the church and the mill Moosmühle. Until the secularisation of Bavaria in 1803, two thirds of the estate belonged to the monastery of Ettal. The once rich immediate monastery shared jurisdiction with the district court Bavarian Weilheim and the monastery of Polling had here a precious seat. Huglfing was then in the course of administrative reform in the Kingdom of Bavaria in 1818 an independent political community. The municipality belongs to Huglfing since the municipal reform 1978, the administrative community Huglfing.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms of Huglfing has with the underlying cross out the historical connection to the monasteries of Ettal and polling. Above the cross auffliegender a falcon from the tribal emblem of the Roming ( Rameck ).
- Parish Church of St Magnus
- Pilgrimage church St. Johann
See also List of monuments in Huglfing
- Waldemar July of Knoeringen, politician, born October 6, 1906 the district Rechetsberg, † 2, 1971 in Bern Ried
- Alfred Jank, author of a post-war life story, born May 21, 1929 in Byhleguhre - Byhlen, Circle Lubben in the Spreewald