Ibias is a comune ( concejo in Asturias, corresponds to the municipio in the rest of Spain) in the autonomous region of Asturias.
- 2.1 land
- 2.2 Rivers and lakes
- 2.3 Road Access
To the Middle Ages
As almost everywhere in Asturias, testify dolmens, the early settlement of the region. In the places Seroiro, Pradías, Andeo and Villares de Arriba these buildings can still be seen today. In the places Cecos, Villameirín, Fondodevilla, Sena and Laguía remains were found by hill forts, which were probably built to protect the mined gold. The mines were later adopted by the Romans, however, which left no major buildings.
The first written mention dates from the early 10th century from the Testament of Fruela II who named the monasteries Sante Marie de Zeques and Sancti Antonini de Ibias. During the Spanish War of Independence the town was a constant source of unrest with several smaller skirmishes. During the Carlistenaufstände the administrative headquarters between Granda de Salime, Tineo and Degaña moved back and forth until finally Ibias became independent.
The coat of arms
The coat of arms of the Ibias Family: A soldier kills a dragon in a castle.
- The surrounding text: BIAS BIAS DIOS ME AYUDE (Ibias Ibias God help me )
Limestone and other metamorphic sedimentary rocks are the dominant rock formations. The mountain ranges of: Sierra Leituelos, Sierra Busto, Sierra Cuias, Sierra Uriah Sierra de Andeo, Sierra el Bouzón, Sierra de Bordeaux, Sierra de Torga, Sierra Mingatón, Sierra de Tormaleo, Sierra Pandelo, Sierra Ciacho and the Sierra Seroiro and the weather divide the Cantabrian are typical of this part of Asturias.
Rivers and Lakes
The Rio Navia is the largest river of the community, other rivers are: Bustellin Rio, Rio de Valias, Rio Cabo, Rio Aviouga, Rio Linares, Rio Teixeira, Valia Oscura, Rio El Reiguiron, Rio Reguero, Lagueiro, Rio de Forna, Ibias Rio, Rio Preliceria, Rio de Lagarin, Rio Busante, Rio Cervos, Rio Valdebois, Rio Valcarce Luina Rio, Rio Llanelo and the Rio de la Collada.
- Nearest international airport: Airport Asturias in Oviedo and Santiago de Compostela Airport.
- Coming from the motorway towards Soto Aviles, here on the AS -16, this follow through the AS -365, the AS- 15, AS- Ventanueva on the 348. on the cross Cadagoyoso San Antolin, the capital is written.
- Stops the feve in each place.
The agriculture focuses on the livestock industry, the cultivation of potatoes, turnips and corn. Administration, commerce and the growing tourism are probably the largest employers in the community. Mining is understood the last 50 years as almost everywhere in Europe in the fall. The few manufacturing businesses are located almost exclusively in wood processing.
The distribution of the 9 seats in the council is as follows:
Ibias is divided into 11 parroquias:
- Pelliceira (A Peliceira )
- San Antolin de Ibias (Santo Antolin de Ibias )
- San Clemente
- Sisterna ( Astierna )
- Taladrid ( Taladriz )
- The outstanding natural attraction is probably the UNESCO protected biosphere reserve " Reserve of the Biosphere de Muniellos, Alto Narcea, Degaña e Ibias "
- Population figures, see INE
- Zip see
- Coordinates and altitude information see Google Earth