58.063333326.900556Koordinaten: 58 ° 4 ' N, 26 ° 54 ' E
Ihamaru ( Monheim German ) is a village (Estonian küla ) in the Estonian rural municipality in the district Kõlleste Põlva. The village has 168 inhabitants.
Description of place
Ihamaru was first mentioned in records in 1627 under the name Ehamah. The village is much older and already existed before the Livonian War.
Ihamaru lay at the crossroads of major highways Tartu - Võru and Põlva - Kanepi. A tavern and post office has been proven in Ihamaru since 1695. She graduated in 1916. Later, a small shop was set up in the historic building, which still exists today.
Popular with day-trippers and bathers, the two forest lakes are Väikene Palojärv ( 2.4 hectares) and Ihamaru Palojärv ( 6.9 hectares ), located two kilometers north of Ihamaru. Through the village area of Bach Ihamaru oja flows. The 254 -acre, ancient forests of Ihamaru is designated as a protected area since 1966.
In Ihamaru Estonian writer Richard Roht (1891-1950) was born, who attended the village school in the neighboring Karaski. In his memoirs, which appeared in 1934 under the title Vana Võrumaa, he describes his home. From Ihamaru also the last exile Estonian President, Heinrich Mark was born ( 1911-2004 ).