The first recording made Nielsen at the age of nine years. After studies in Vienna, Stuttgart and Budapest she began her career in Germany and in Switzerland. In 1975 she became a member of the Opera Frankfurt
Since 1980 she has worked as a freelancer and guest appearances at the opera houses in Milan, London, Munich, Hamburg, Berlin, Leipzig, Paris, Zurich, Barcelona, New York and Buenos Aires as well as at the festivals in Salzburg, Bayreuth, Aix -en- Provence, Edinburgh and Schwetzingen.
In their repertoire, both games were for coloratura soprano (eg, Konstanze in The Abduction from the Seraglio by Mozart ) and dramatic roles (such as the title role in Salome by Richard Strauss). Nielsen was married until 2005, with the bass - baritone Robert Hale. In February 2008, she died at the age of 61 years the consequences of cancer.
- Beethoven: Fidelio (role: Leonore ) - Naxos
- Weber: Oberon (role: Rezia ) - RCA
- Mahler: Symphonies 3 and 8 - Supraphon
- Mahler: Symphonies 8 and 10 - Chandos
- Haydn: The Seven Last Words - Teldec
- Mozart: L' Oca del Cairo / Lo Sposo deluso - Philips
- Voices - Inga Nielsen ( Portrait ) - Chandos
- Song of love ( Robert Hale) - EMI
- Mozart: The Abduction from the Seraglio (role: Konstanze ) - NVC ARTS
- Kutsch / belt: " Great Sängerlexikon " Saur
- Manuel Brug, "The new singer voices ," Henschelverlag