Ingelbach is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Old churches. The municipality is divided into the districts Niederingelbach and Oberingelbach.
Ingelbach is located about four kilometers east of the Old Church, near the meeting point of national roads 265, 290 and 414 of the Federal Road meadows and mixed forest surrounding the local church. The Wied, which reaches its northernmost point in Niederingelbach, flows south-west of the settlement along.
Ingelbach was first mentioned in 1262 in a deed of the Cistercian monastery Marienstatt. A mayor Konrad von Ingelbach ( Ingellenbach or Ingillinbach ) is listed as a witness to a donation of Count Gottfried von Sayn to the monastery Marienstatt. The knowledge of this instrument goes back to Wolf- Heino Struck, all Marienstätter documents transferred in 1965 for letterpress printing. In Struck work " Cistercienserkloster Marienstatt in the Middle Ages. Urkundenregesten, goods directories and obituary ", Wiesbaden 1953, the parchment on page 28 under the number 59 " translated " printed. The original of the certificate is located in the Hessian State Archives Wiesbaden.
The seal of a Thele of Ingelbach, one of Gerhard Ingelbach was on a charter of 1362 was in the period from 1355 to 1372 the city mayor in Hachenburg. On a document of the Abbey Marienstatt of 1428 hung the seal of a Godart of Ingelbach.
In memory of Jewish citizens - four members of the Veit family - who lived in Ingelbach and who were deported during the period of National Socialism, four inscribed brass plates were laid in the amount of the old school as part of the artistic pitfalls project.
The development of the population of the municipality Ingelbach, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Ingelbach consists of twelve council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
Coat of arms
The blazon of the coat of arms Ingelbacher is: ". Border in gold, red reinforced black rooster with red comb and red neck cloth "
The Ingelbacher coat of arms dates back to the medieval seal of the family of Ingelbach, which is evidenced by documents of the 14th and 15th centuries.
Ingelbach has a railway station served by the Upper Westerwaldbahn (Au [ victory ] - Old Churches [ Westerwald ] - Hachenburg - Westerburg - Limburg [ Lahn ] ) is served. Rail transport is carried out by the Vectus traffic mbH. On the section between Au (Sieg) and Ingelbach applies due to the location in the district of Old Churches, both the VRS tariff as a transitional tariff as well as the tariff of the VRM. The station was awarded by the DB with tender from 14 August 2006 conveyance.
Ingelbach is located on the B 414, which leads in the direction Hachenburg.
Ingelbach served as Handlungsort for the young adult novel " whisper" by Isabel Abedi. In the book, some localities in Ingelbach occur, such as the old station or small catering. The old half-timbered houses, like the one on which reference is made by the farmers Hall Scheidt in the novel, actually be in place.
List of cultural monuments in Ingelbach