Inverell is a town with about 10,000 inhabitants on the Macintyre River in the north of the Australian state of New South Wales. It is located 620 km north of Sydney and 430 kilometers south west of Brisbane on the Gwydir Highway. The city is the administrative seat of the homonymous administrative area ( LGA) Inverell Shire.
In 1836 Alexander Campbell founded the 200 km ² large Inverell station at Macintyre River. The name of the property is Gaelic origin and means meeting place of the swans, Inver, the meeting place, and Ell swan. The city was reported in 1858 and 1859 received its first post office.
Inverell is a fertile agricultural region. Mainly here Grains and corn are grown. In addition, it give various mines in which tin, sapphires, zircon and diamonds are promoted.