ITC Limited (formerly Imperial Tobacco Company) is one of the most important companies in India with a market capitalization of more than U.S. $ 10 billion and a profit of U.S. $ 3.5 billion.
The company is led by Yogesh Chander Deveshwar. It employs over 20,000 people at more than 60 locations.
Liste of brands and products
ITC operates in the
- Tobacco industry: W. D. & H.O. Wills, Insignia, India Kings, Gold Flake, Navy Cut, Scissors, Capstan, Berkeley, Bristol and Flake
- Hotels: ITC - Welcomgroup
- Pulp and paper: ITC Bhadrachalam Paper Boards Limited
- Agriculture: Agri - Business, Leaf Tobacco, Gold Ribbon, Blue Ribbon, Aqua Kings, Aqua Bay, Aqua Feast and Peninsular
- Food & Confectionery: Kitchens of India, Aashirvaad, Sunfeast, Mint -O, Candyman, Bingo snacks
- Textile industry: Wills Lifestyle, John Players, Essenza Di Wills
- Greeting Cards: Expressions
- IT industry: ITC Infotech India Limited
- Matches: iKno, Mangal Deep, VaxLit, Delite and Aim
- Paper Goods: Classmate, Paper force Saathi
With the initiative 'e - Choupal ' attempts ITC Internet use in rural areas to strengthen. With this initiative, in 36,000 villages ITC reached 4 million farmers.
The company is in the main stock market index of India, the SENSEX 30 of the Bombay Stock Exchange listed.
ITC takes in the Forbes Global 2000 rankings 2006, the position in 1171.
ITC is one of India's market leader in its traditional business fields cigarettes, hotels, paper goods, food and growing strong in the areas of convenience foods, brand clothes and greeting cards. ITC is also the second largest Indian suppliers of paper goods. The agricultural sector is India's second largest exporter of agricultural products and redeemed a total of 2 billion U.S. dollars foreign exchange for India.