J. L. van den Heuvel Orgelbouw
The J. L. van den Heuvel Orgelbouw B. V. based in Dordrecht is an organ workshop in the Netherlands. It was founded in 1967 and specializes in the production of French symphonic organ. Your largest organ is the organ in the parish church of St- Eustache de Paris, built in 1989 to plans by Jean Guillou.
The company's founder, Jan Leendert van den Heuvel, was born on November 5, 1946 in Dordrecht. He started with 16 years of training to become an organ builder in Flentrop in Zaandam and founded in 1967 his own Werkt workshop in Dordrecht. His first organs received high praise from the experts for its intonation and solid craftsmanship processing. 1975 joined the Jan van Heuvel's brother, Peter A. van den Heuvel, with 17 years at the company. Through contacts with Michelle Leclerc and Daniel Roth both studied intensively organ building Aristide Cavaillé -Coll, whose symphonic ideal sound they wanted to continue to develop. Worldwide attention was aroused by the business but in 1985 the competition for the new building of the organ in St- Eustache de Paris won, which was the then largest organ in France.