J. N. Reddy
Junuthula N. Reddy ( born August 12, 1945 in Warangal, Andhra Pradesh ) is an Indian- American engineer scientist. He is known for applications of the finite element method (FEM ) in mechanics. He is a professor at Texas A & M University.
Reddy studied at the Osmania University in Hyderabad with a bachelor's degree in engineering in 1968 and at Oklahoma State University with a master's degree in 1970. He was at J. Tinsley Oden received his doctorate in 1973 at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. After that, he was at the University of Texas at Austin and 1974-75 at Lockheed Missiles and Space. In 1974 he became assistant professor and later associate professor at the University of Oklahoma and from 1980 he was a professor at Virginia Polytechnic Institute, from 1986 Clifton C. Garvin Professor. Since 1992 he is a professor at Texas A & M University. He is there, Oscar S. Wyatt Professor of Mechanical Engineering (Mechanical Engineering ) and Distinguished University Professor.
He is known for contributions to the FEM and variational methods in mechanics, plate theory, fracture mechanics, mechanics of composites, plasticity theory, biomechanics, hydrodynamics and applied functional analysis. He has published over 380 scientific papers (2011) and 14 books.
He is an honorary doctorate from the Technical University of Lisbon. In 1998 he received the Nathan M. Newmark Medal from the ASCE Huber Prize and in 1984 their. In 1992 he received the Worcester Reed Warner Medal of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME ) and 1976 Teetor Award from the Society of Automotive Engineers. He is a Fellow of ASCE and ASME.
Reddy is married since 1968 and has two children.
- An Introduction to the Finite Element Method, 3rd Edition, McGraw- Hill Education, 2005
- Mechanics of Laminated Composite Plates and Shells: Theory and Analysis, 2nd Edition, CRC Press 2003
- An Introduction to Nonlinear Finite Element Analysis, Oxford University Press, 2004
- Energy Principles and Variational Methods in Applied Mechanics, 2nd edition, Wiley 2002
- Applied Functional Analysis and Variational Methods in Engineering, McGraw -Hill 1986
- Theory and Analysis of Elastic Plates, Taylor & Francis 1999
- With Gart Ling DK, The Finite Element Method in Heat Transfer and Fluid Dynamics, 2nd Edition, CRC Press 2000
- With ML Rasmussen, Advanced Engineering Analysis, John Wiley 1982