Jaryszów, Opole Voivodeship
Jarischau, Polish Jaryszów, is a town in Upper Silesia in the community Ujest in powiat Strzelecki in the Opole Voivodeship.
Jarischau was first documented in 1265.
In the referendum on March 20, 1921 voted 59 voters to remain in Germany and 268 for Poland. Nevertheless Jarischau remained with the German Reich. By 1945, the place was in the district of Great Strehlitz.
In 1945 the previously German place under Polish administration, was renamed Jaryszów and joined the Silesian Voivodeship. In 1950, the town is part of the Opole Voivodeship and 1999 of the re-established powiat Strzelecki. In November 2008, the City also received the official German place names Jarischau.
- The Catholic parish church of the Assumption of Mary dates from the 15th century and was rebuilt several times in the following years.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Carl Filitz (1822-1888), German composer, choirmaster and organist
Old Ujest / Stary Ujazd | Balzarowitz / Balcarzowice | Jarischau / Jaryszów | Cold water / Zimna Wódka | Klutschau / Klucz | Niesdrowitz / Niezdrowice | Nogowschütz / Nogowczyce | Olschowa / Olszowa | Schironowitz / Sieroniowice | Ujest / Ujazd
Weiler: Buczek ( Butschek ) | Ferdynand ( Ferdinandshof ) | Grzeboszowice ( Greboschowitz ) | Kolonia Jaryszów (Col. Jarischau ) | Komorniki ( Komorniken ) | Kopanina (Col. Kopanina ) | Księży Las ( Xionslas ) | Wesołów ( Wesolow ) | Wydzierów ( Wydzierow )
- Community Ujest
- Location of the Opole Voivodeship
- Place in Silesia