Life and career
Jeremy Renner is the oldest of five children. The parents, Valeria Tague and Lee Renner, married as teenagers and were divorced in 1981. His ancestors are German and Irish immigrants.
Renner began at the age of 24 years with acting. His film debut he experienced with the 1995 comedy film produced The Chaos senior trip. A larger audience was his starring roles in 28 Weeks Later and The Hurt Locker Renner - The Hurt Locker known. For his role in The Hurt Locker was nominated for the Academy Awards in 2010 for Best Actor, but it lost to Jeff Bridges. At the Academy Awards in 2011 he was again nominated, this time for Best Supporting Actor for his role in The Town - without mercy, where he lost to Christian Bale. In the comic book movies Thor (2011) and The Avengers (2012 ) Renner took over the role of the archer Hawkeye.
In addition to his film roles Renner appeared in various commercials (including those for Duracell ) on U.S. television, and also in the music video Trouble of rock singer Pink.
In March 2013, the daughter of Renner and his partner was born.
- 2003: Independent Spirit Awards 2003 - Nominated Best Actor for Renner's portrayal of the U.S. serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer in Dahmer
- 2005: Palm Beach International Film Award - Best Actor for Neo Ned
- 2009: Independent Spirit Awards 2009 - Nominated Best Actor for The Hurt Locker - The Hurt Locker
- 2009: Hollywood Film Festival - Winner of the "Breakthrough Actor Award " for The Hurt Locker - The Hurt Locker
- 2009: National Board of Review Best Young Actor for The Hurt Locker - The Hurt Locker
- 2010: Academy Award nomination in 2010 for Best Actor for The Hurt Locker - The Hurt Locker
- 2011: Jupiter Award in the category Best Actor International
- 2011: Golden Globe nomination in 2011 for Best Supporting Actor for The Town
- 2011: Academy Award nomination in 2011 for Best Supporting Actor for The Town