Monika Jessica Lindell - Vikarby (born 7 February 1984 in Huddinge ) is a Swedish alpine skier. She specializes in the disciplines of downhill, super -G and giant slalom.
In January 2000 Lindell Vikarby first participated in FIS races, since December 2000 then served in the European Cup. On 26 October 2002, it had its premiere in the World Cup, that day she drove the giant slalom in Soelden to seventh place. Their versatility underlined in the 2002/03 season with another good place in the top ten.
In the World Ski Championships 2003 in St. Moritz Lindell Vikarby was in the combination Eighth ( in combi - departure she was even got second ). In addition, they still occupied at this World Cup the places 13 and 17 in Super -G and giant slalom. At the Junior World Championship 2003 in Serre Chevalier, she won the gold medal in the giant slalom; in the super-G and slalom she went to the fifth and seventh.
In October 2003 Lindell Vikarby crashed heavily during downhill training in Saas -Fee and retired while a cruciate and collateral ligament in his left knee. Then you missed the entire World Cup season 2003/04. The comeback in the 2004/05 season proved to be difficult and the Swede was unable to repeat the good results long before the injury. Good results they achieved in the 2005 World Ski Championships in Santa Caterina: In the descent, she finished sixth in the combination eleventh place.
In winter 2005/ 06 the best season finish was a seventh place in downhill in Bad Kleinkirchheim. At the Olympic Winter Games 2006 in Turin Lindell Vikarby finished eighth in the combination. On December 2, 2007, she reached the podium for the first time in a World Cup race when she was in Lake Louise third in the Super -G. Overall, the Swede drove in season four times in the top ten. On 26 January 2009 she won her first World Cup race with the Super -G in Cortina d' Ampezzo. At the 2009 World Championships in Val d'Isere, she took twelfth place in the Super -G. The following day she came hard in the downhill training to fall and suffered a torn ligament in his right knee, which is why they had to end the season prematurely.
In the seasons 2009/10 and 2010/11 Lindell Vikarby drove each in a World Cup race at the fastest ten. At the Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver in 2010 was her best result of the 22nd place in the Super Combined. At the World Championships 2011 in Garmisch -Partenkirchen they reached rank 7 in the giant slalom and 14th place in the Super -G. In the 2011/12 season you get eight top - 10 finishes in the 2012/13 season five. Best place in the World Championships 2013 in Schladming was the 13th place in the giant slalom. On 1 December 2013, it surprisingly won the World Cup giant slalom in Beaver Creek. End of the 2013/14 season they finished second in the giant slalom discipline standings.
- Turin 2006: 8 combination, exit 18, 18, Giant Slalom, Super -G 24
- Vancouver 2010: 22 Super Combined, Super G 26, 30, exit 31 Giant Slalom
- Sochi 2014: 7 Giant Slalom
- St. Moritz 2003: 8 combination, 13 Super -G, Giant Slalom 17 25 Departure
- Santa Caterina 2005: 6 departure, 11 combination, 28 Super -G
- Åre 2007: 19 Super Combined, Giant Slalom 28, 34 Super -G
- Val d'Isere 2009: 12 Super -G
- Garmisch -Partenkirchen 2011: 7 Giant Slalom, Super -G 14
- Schladming 2013: 13 Giant Slalom, Super -G 15
World Cup ratings
- Season 2002/ 03: 9 Combined World Cup
- Season 2005/ 06: 9 Combined World Cup
- Season 2008/ 09: 6 Super - G World Cup
- Season 2011/12: 10 Super - G World Cup 10 World Cup giant slalom
- Season 2012/13: 8 giant slalom World Cup
- 2013/14 season: 2nd Giant Slalom World Cup
World Cup wins
8 podiums, including two victories:
Junior World Championships
- Verbier 2001: 13 Slalom, 15, Super -G, Giant Slalom 30
- Tarvisio 2002: 5 combination, 7 Super -G, Downhill 16, 18, Giant Slalom, Slalom 27
- Briançonnais 2003: 1 Giant Slalom, Super-G, 5, 7 Slalom