John Acquaviva (born in 1963 in Orsara di Puglia ) is a Canadian Techno-/House-DJ and music producer who helped shape the style and authoritative within this genre some minor revolutions triggered (especially in the field of technical aids).
Born John Acquaviva in southern Italy. 1967, his parents to Canada. Since then, he lives in London, Ontario. In 1980 he began DJing, first at school parties, then at house parties. In 1989 he met Richie Hawtin. They shared the enthusiasm for electronic music from Detroit. Together they founded the record label Plus 8 artists like Speedy J, Kenny Larkin, Cybersonik ( John Acquaviva, Richie Hawtin and Daniel Bell), FUSE and Plastikman ( Richie Hawtin both ) published their music on the label.
From the mid- 90s was John Acquaviva as a DJ always in demand and became internationally successful. Richie Hawtin had earlier success, so they decided to leave the label Plus 8 rest, as they had achieved their goals.
Around 2000 he first heard of computer specialists who were headed on turntables MP3s and played out. He got in touch with them and encouraged them. When he then was allowed to test some prototypes for some time, he was thrilled. Final Scratch is called the concept.
Publications as John Acquaviva
- Groove Machine ( Underdog (Canada) )
- Soul At Midnight ( radio plays )
- The Thumb Generation ( Serial Killer Vinyl, 2003)
- Metal Detector ( Hörspielmusik, 2004)
- Bling ( Dubmental Records, 2005) - together with Madox
- Zombie ( Blu Fin, 2005) - together with Lützenkirchen
- Hunter Gatherer (G- Force Records (Sweden ), 2006 )
- No Fear ( Blue Fin, 2006) - together with Lützenkirchen
- Stammheim Morning ( Da Da Da) - especially for the parent 's home in Kassel
Publications as (co - ) producer
- Cybersonik - Technarchy (1990 ), Backlash ( 1991), Thrash (1991 )
- Kenny Larkin - We Shall Overcome (1990 ), Integration (1991 )
- Two Guys In The Basement - Clockwerk ( LESR (Netherlands ), 1991 )
- Las Americas - Worship ( Definitive (Canada ), 1993 ), Look, Listen, Love (1994 )
- John Acquaviva Presents The James Gang - Skills (Studio K7, 1998! )
Remixes ( selection)
- Kenny Larkin - We Shall Overcome
- Robotman - Do Da Doo
- Vapourspace - Gravitational Arch Of 10
- Marmion - Schöneberg
- Ofra Haza - Love Song
- Carrot - As It Comes
- Soussol - Sol
- Richie Hawtin & John Acquaviva Present X-Mix -3 - Enter: Digital Reality! (Studio! K7, 1994)
- From Saturday To Sunday Mix Vol 1-5 ( Clubstar, 2000-2004)
- Transmissions Vol 1 ( Virgin Music (Canada ), 1996 )
- John Acquaviva_Presents Skills_ (Studio! K7, 1998)
- Cream CD ( Turbo ( Canada), 1999)
- John Acquaviva - Connected ( Yul Records, 2001) The global premiere of the DJ Tools Final Scratch as a " live" recording.
- Back To Basics ( Clubstar, 2004)
- Back To The Future ( Toptrax, 2009)