John Bryant (basketball)
John Bryant ( born June 13, 1987 in Berkeley, California ) is an American professional basketball player who is under contract since the summer of 2013 at the Bundesliga Bayern Munich. Due to its size and mass plays John Bryant, the position of the center.
A talented center John Bryant came in 2005 at the Santa Clara University, the college team playing in the NCAA. Many critics feared that he would not fit with his then 375 pounds in the job profile of an athletic player and can therefore be very difficult in the league, which is known for its many highly talented basketball player, say. But his development was a much more positive path so that Bryant in his senior year second-best rebounder of the season was and was honored as Player of the Year West Coast Conference. In his senior year of college league, he gained the most double- doubles (26 in total ). The following season played John Bryant at the Erie Bay Hawks in the D- League, the junior league of the NBA.
In 2010, Bryant signed a one year contract with ratiopharm Ulm, where he acted with an average of just under 11 rebounds and 14.7 points per game as the most effective and rebound strongest player in the league. He managed to set the main round in the BBL All- First Team and was the 2011/12 season the MVP (Most Valuable Player) in both the 2010/11 season and in the season 2011/12.
On 24 March 2011 John Bryant extended his current contract in Ulm for another two years until 2013. Also in the 2012/2013 season, Bryant was appointed to the All-Star team the Beko BBL. Similarly, Bryant was once again voted most valuable player of the regular season and the first time the "Best Offensive Player", the award for the best offensive player. After Ulm was eliminated in the play-offs in 2013 in the semifinals, Bryant announced his retirement from Ulm to perceive the chance to fight for another team to international titles.
On July 2, 2013 Bryant signed a two- year contract with the Bundesliga club Bayern Munich.
- German Vice-Champion with ratiopharm ulm (2012 )
- Bronze German Basketball Cup with ratiopharm ulm (2012 )
- Silver Medal German Basketball Cup with ratiopharm ulm (2013 )
- Player of the Year West Coast Conference (2009)
- The second-best rebounder ( 14.2 rebounds per game ) (2009 )
- Most Double - Doubles (26 Double - Doubles ) (2009 )
- 2x MVP of the regular season ( 2012, 2013 )
- 2x ALL- Star participants (2012, 2013)
- 2x ALL- Star MVP (2012, 2013)
- 2x Beko BBL All- First Team ( 2011, 2012, 2013)
- Best Offensive Player (2013 )
- 2x Best rebounder ( 2011, 2012 ) ( 10.9 / 9.4 rebounds per game )
- 2x rms valuable player ( 2011, 2012 ) ( 20.9 / 20.4 per game)
- All- Eurocup First Team (2013 )