John Wilson Campbell
John Wilson Campbell ( * February 23, 1782 in Augusta County, Virginia; † September 24, 1833 in Delaware, Ohio) was an American lawyer and politician of the Democratic- Republican Party. From 1817 to 1827 he was a member of the House of Representatives of the United States for the 2nd and the 5th Congressional District of the State of Ohio.
After attending public schools, he studied law and was admitted to the bar in 1808. He opened a law practice in West Union. In 1809 he was prosecuting attorney of Adams County. From 1809 to 1815 he was an arbiter of Tiffin townships. In the years 1810-1811, 1813-1814 and 1815-1816 he sat as a representative of Adams County in the House of Representatives from Ohio.
1817 Campbell was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives. Until 1823 he represented the 2nd District, 1823 to 1827 then the 5th district. On 6 March 1829 he was nominated by President Andrew Jackson as a judge on the United States District Court for the District of Ohio. The Senate confirmed the nomination the next day. He held this office until his death. He was buried in the Old North Cemetery in Columbus.