The former political district Jews castle lay in the north- west Styria. On 1 January 2011, the district had 44 983 inhabitants on 1097.67 km ². The administrative headquarters was the Jews castle. The license plate was JU.
The district Knittel field was separated by Regulation of the Styrian Provincial Government on 20 February 1946 by the District Jews castle. In the course of an imagined in 2011 by the Styrian Provincial Government reform agenda districts Jews castle and Knittel field were again merged to the district Mur.
The district Jews castle was divided into 24 municipalities, including two cities and five market towns. In parentheses are the numbers of inhabitants from 1 January 2011.