June 15 is the 166th day of the Gregorian calendar ( 167th in leap years), thus 199 days remain until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
Science and Technology
- 763 BC: Assyrian astrologers record a solar eclipse, which is now used as a fixed point of the chronology of the history of Mesopotamia.
- 0653: The bedridden Pope Martin I will be arrested and brought from Rome to Constantinople Opel, where a process is waiting for him.
- 1243: After a Sedisvakanz of 585 days the conclave begins in Anagni for the election of a successor, who died on November 10, 1241 Pope Celestine IV.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Nature and Environment
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics. Entries to the World Cup games are found in the bottoms of football 's World Cup. The same is true for the European Football Championships.
Before the 19th century
Before the 19th century
- 0184 BC: Liu Gong, Emperor of China
- 0707: Mommu, 42nd Emperor of Japan
- 0948: Romanos I, admiral of the Byzantine fleet, Emperor of the Byzantine Empire
- 0970: Adalbert, Bishop of Passau
- 0991: Theophano, wife of Emperor Otto II and Mitkaiserin of the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation
- 1073: Go- Sanjo, 71st emperor of Japan
- 1088: Gebhard von Helfenstein, Archbishop of Salzburg
- 2001: Julius Juzeliūnas, Lithuanian composer and music educator
- 2002: Choi Hong Hi, South Korean founder of Taekwondo
- 2003: Hume Cronyn, Canadian actor
- 2004: Werner Büdeler, German aerospace journalist
- 2005: Suzanne Flon, French actress
- 2005: Alessio Galletti, Italian cyclist
- 2006: Betty Curtis, Italian singer
- 2006: Raymond Devos, a Belgian comedian
- 2007: Jocco Abendroth, German singer and songwriter
- 2007: Sherri Martel, American professional wrestler
- 2008: Stan Winston, American film designer and director
- 2010: Heidi Kabel, German actress
- 2013: Heinz Flohe, German football player
- 2013: José Froilán González, Argentine racing driver
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances George Israel, Moravian preacher ( Protestant)
- St. Vitus, Roman martyr and patron saint ( Catholic)
- Name Days Bernhard, Gebhard, Germana, Veit
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in June