June 18 is the 169th day of the Gregorian calendar ( 170th in leap years), thus still remain 196 days of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 0217 BC: Battle of Raphia - In the decisive battle of the Fourth Syrian War, the Egyptian army under Ptolemy IV defeated the Seleucids under Antiochus III.
- 0618: With the throne of Emperor Tang Gaozu begins in China's Tang Dynasty.
- 1053: In the Battle of Civitate, the Normans defeat under Richard of Aversa, Humfred of Hauteville and Robert Guiscard a superior papal army. Pope Leo IX. is captured and must recognize the Norman possessions in southern Italy.
- 1155: Frederick I Barbarossa is crowned in Rome by Pope Adrian IV, Holy Roman Emperor.
Science and Technology
- 2002: On the third " Social Day " of student life helping 210,000 students in Schleswig -Holstein, Hamburg and Lower Saxony swap their school against a paying job and donate over 3.8 million euros for charitable purposes.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics. Entries to the World Cup games are found in the bottoms of football 's World Cup. The same is true for the European Football Championships.
Before the 19th century
Before the 19th century
- 2002: Walter Villa, Italian motorcycle racer
- 2004: Tsutomu Adachi, Japanese manga artist
- 2004: Hafiz Sabri Koçi, Albanian theologian
- 2004: Peter Märthesheimer, German Writer
- 2006: Vincent Sherman, American film director
- 2006: Markus Zimmer, German musician
- 2007: Vilma Espin, president of the Cuban women's organization
- 2008: Jean Delannoy, French film director and screenwriter
- 2010: Bogdan Bogdanovic, Serbian architect
- 2010: José Saramago, Portuguese novelist, poet, essayist, short story writer, playwright and diarist, Nobel Laureate
- 2011: Echendu Adiele, German football player
- 2011: Ulrich Biesinger, German football player
- 2011: Yelena Bonner, Russian politician
- 2011: Clarence Clemons, American saxophonist
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Albert Knapp, German pastor and poet ( Protestant)
- St. Moses the Ethiopian, North African hermit, priest and martyr ( Coptic )
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in June