June 21 is the 172nd day of the Gregorian calendar ( 173rd in leap years), thus remain still 193 days of the year.
On 21 (or 20 ) June, the sun is at noon at the Tropic of Cancer in the zenith and does not go near the Arctic Circle at night under. This day is thus in the northern hemisphere the longest day of the year, the summer solstice.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
Science and Technology
- 2004: With SpaceShipOne, a private space flight is performed for the first time. The first private astronaut Michael Melvill.
- 2009: In the United States officially the first motorway junction with left-hand traffic on the feeder is opened in Springfield ( Missouri).
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics. Entries to the World Cup games are found in the bottoms of football 's World Cup. The same is true for the European Football Championships.
Before the 19th century
Clara Always True (* 870.html">1870)
Before the 19th century
- 0870: Abu Ishaq Muhammad al- Muhtadi bi- ' llah ibn al - Wathiq, Abbasid Caliph
- 1205: Enrico Dandolo, Doge of Venice
- 1208: Philip of Swabia, Duke of Swabia and German king
- 1221: Henry III, Duke of Limburg and Count of Arlon.
- 1305: Wenceslaus II, King of Bohemia, Duke of Cracow and King of Poland
- 1377: . Edward III, King of England
- 1547: Sebastiano del Piombo, Italian painter
- 1560: Rudolf von and Frankenstein, Prince-Bishop of Speyer
- 1582: Nobukimi Anayama, Japanese Samurai
- 1582: Oda Nobunaga, Japanese warlord
- 1591: Aloysius Gonzaga, an Italian Jesuit and carers of plague victims
- 1599: Bernhard IV by Ange Lach Lach -Ange, German Imperial Knight
- 1606: Joachim Strupp, German medical doctor and non-fiction author
- 1621: Vaclav Budovec Budova, Swedish politician, diplomat and writer
- 1621: Kaspar Cappleri de Sulewicz, Czech nobleman
- 1621: Christoph Harant of Polschitz and Weseritz, Czech nobleman
- 1621: Jan Jessenius, Slovak physician and politician
- 1621: Joachim Andreas von Schlick, leader of the Protestant estates of Bohemia
- 1629: Szymon Zimorowic, Polish poet
- 1652: Inigo Jones, English architect
- 1665: Giovanni Maria Galli da Bibbiena, Italian painter
- 1681: Sigmund von Birken, German writer
- 1731: Albrecht Friedrich von Brandenburg- Schwedt, kurbrandenburgisch - Prussian Lieutenant General and Lord Master of the Knights Hospitaller
- 1782: Georg Wilhelm of Hesse- Darmstadt, German nobleman
- 1786: George Hepplewhite, English cabinetmaker
- 1788: Johann Georg Hamann, German philosopher and writer
- 1796: Richard Gridley, British- American military engineer
- 2001: John Lee Hooker, American blues musician
- 2001: Carroll O'Connor, American actor
- 2002: Gösta Berggren, Swedish ski jumper
- 2003: Leon Uris, American writer
- 2003: Rudolf Cub, German philologist, teacher and humanist
- 2004: Leonel de Moura Brizola, Brazilian politicians
- 2005: Guillermo Suárez Mason, known as the " Butcher of El Olimpo ", Argentine general
- 2005: Jaime Lachica Sin, Filipino Cardinal Archbishop of Manila
- 2007: James Carson, American country - and Old-time musicians
- 2007: Georg Danzer, Austrian singer-songwriter
- 2007: Horst Gehann, German conductor and composer, concert organist, harpsichordist and music publishers
- 2007: László Sillai, Hungarian wrestler
- 2009: panis, German industrialist and patron
- 2010: Wilfried Feldkirchen, German economic historian
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Eva von Tiele - Winckler, German foundress ( Protestant)
- St. Aloysius Gonzaga, an Italian nobleman, member of the Order and patron ( Roman Catholic)
- Onesimus Nesib, Ethiopian translator and evangelist (Protestant: ELCA )
- Name Days Alban, Alois
- More information for the day International Day of homemade music ( since 1982)
- Welthumanistentag ( since 1982)
- Day of sleep (since 2000)
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in June