The Japanese term Tanki Daigaku (Japanese短期 大学, from tanki, dt " short duration " and daigaku, " university" in short, Tandai (短 大) ) refers to a Japanese high school form. Tanki Daigaku is translated in English as junior college or community college and university in the German as a short, short high school or high school half.
According to § 108 of the Japanese school and education law (Japanese学校 教育 法, Gakko Kyoiku hō ) is a Tanki Daigaku
- A university with the main objective to make the necessary skills for the profession or in daily life ( § 108 (1); limited as the goal of Daigaku, according to § 83 (1));
- A university with two or three years' duration ( § 108 (2 ), not 4- year [Medical / Pharmacy: 6- year ] as Daigaku according to § 87).
Tanki Daigaku A consists
- Not gakubu (学部, Faculty (s ) § 108 ( 4) ),
- But only from gakka (学科, department (s ) § 108 ( 5) ).
Tanki Daigaku One can
- Evening courses or distance learning courses set ( § 108 (6 ) ), but
- No graduate schools (master degree programs / doctoral courses) set ( § 108 (8)).
Graduates / Tanki Daigaku inside a can the degree Associate Degree (短期 大学 士, tanki daigakushi ) was obtained ( § 104 ( 3), since 2005). You can 4-year colleges continue to visit ( § 108 ( 7) ).
Some Tanki Daigaku set -up courses (専 攻 科, Senko -ka ); Graduates / inside the building courses can receive a Bachelor's degree ( the NIAD UE forgives him, § 104 ( 4) -1).
Due to the Japanese educational reform after the Pacific War, the former high schools ( Universities Colleges / ) were (高等学校Koto Gakko, Eng. Higher schools ) and schools (専 门 学校, Semmon Gakko, Eng. Specialized schools ) to the 4 -year-old Daigaku converted. However, some schools did not have enough professors or institutions in order to obtain the Daigaku status. These were from 1950 to Tanki Daigaku. Thus, the type of university Tanki Daigaku was started as a temporary measure, he is since 1964 a permanent system.
The Tanki Daigaku be attended by more students than students. In 1971, women made up about 83 percent of the student population of Tanki Daigaku, whereas their share was only 18 percent of the student body at the Daigaku. Most Tanki Daigaku were private institutions with literature, foreign languages, home economics and nursing science as art.
Due to some time-intensive disciplines such as Nursing Science, Tanki Daigaku many were later elevated to the 4 -year-old Daigaku. In 1971 there were 389 in Japan Daigaku Tanki Daigaku and 486; in the year 2008 752 Daigaku Tanki Daigaku and 385.