K. D. Sethna
Kaikhosru Dadhaboy (KD) Sethna (Hindi: कैखुसरो दादाभाई सेठना, Kaikhusaro Dadabhai Sethna, also Amal Kiran, Hindi: अमल किरण, Amal Kiran; * November 26, 1904, † 29 June, 2011 Pondicherry ) was an Indian poet, philosopher, historian, cultural critic, author, editor and religious disciple of Sri Aurobindo.
Sethna studied at the Bombay University. Born as Zoroastrian Parse scholars went in 1927 in the ashram of Aurobindo Ghosh, whose pupil was and turned to Hinduism. Sethna dedicated to the Integral Yoga of Aurobindo and Mira Alfassa. Aurobindo gave him in 1930 the name " Amal Kiran " (pure beam ).
Sethnas first volume of poetry Inmost beauty appeared in 1933. Starting from 1949, he was almost 50 years co-editor of the magazine Mother India of the Sri Aurobindo Ashram. He has published more than 40 books.
Celebrated its 100th anniversary in Sethna Beach Office of Sri Aurobindo Society. He last lived in the nursing home of the Aurobindo Ashram.
- Amal Kiran: Light and Laughter
- Amal Kiran: Talks on Poetry
- Amal Kiran: India and the World Scene ISBN 81-7060-118-5
- Amal Kiran: The Indian Spirit and the World 's Future ISBN 81-7060-227-0
- K.D. Sethna: Altar and Flame
- K.D. Sethna: The Mother, Past -Present - Future, 1977
- K.D. Sethna: Obscure and the Mysterious
- K.D. Sethna: The Problem of Aryan Origins 1980, 1992; ISBN 81-85179-67-0
- K.D. Sethna: Overhead Poetry
- K.D. Sethna: The Passing of Sri Aurobindo, 1951.
- K.D. Sethna: Sri Aurobindo on Shakespeare
- K.D. Sethna: Sri Aurobindo - The Poet
- K.D. Sethna: The Obscure and the Mysterious: A Research in Mallarmé 's Symbolist Poetry
- K.D. Sethna: Teilhard de Chardin and Sri Aurobindo - a focus on fundamentals, Bharatiya Vidya Prakasan, Varanasi (1973 )
- K.D. Sethna: The spirituality of the future: a search apropos of RC Zaehner 's study in Sri Aurobindo and Teilhard de Chardin. Rutherford [ NJ ] London, Fairleigh Dickerson University Press; Associated University Presses. (1981)
- K.D. Sethna: The Vision and Work of Sri Aurobindo
- K.D. Sethna: Problems of Ancient India, 2000, New Delhi: Aditya Prakashan. ISBN 81-7742-026-7