Kadaka ( German for " juniper " ) is a district (Estonian asum ) of the Estonian capital Tallinn. It is located in Mustamae district.
Description and History
Kadaka has 2,199 inhabitants (as of 1 May 2010). The district is located ( south ) east of the Harku lake.
The municipality was named after the former village Kadaka ( Kadaka küla ). The settlement is documented since 1697. At that time it belonged to St. Michael's Church, the Swedish municipality of Tallinn. The German name of the village was Kaddak.
In the 1960s and 1970s originated in Kadaka industrial and commercial areas of the city of Tallinn. Numerous Soviet enterprises were touring from the Tallinn city center to enable Kadaka. In Kadaka are currently investigating the Headquarters of the Estonian energy company Eesti Energia and the custodian of the Tallinn Bus Company.
In addition, some partly nine-storey residential buildings, in Soviet bricks.
In the southern part of the district of the campus of Tallinn Technical University, founded in 1918 is located ( TTÜ ). There also the modern technology park Tehnopol is settled with an entrepreneur and Innovation Centre.