Kaiser Esch is a town in the district Cochem-Zell, in Rhineland -Palatinate. It is the administrative center of the municipality Emperor Esch, who also belongs. Kaiser Esch is a nationally recognized tourist and reported as a basic center in accordance with state planning.
The town of Esch Kaiser is on the edge of the Eifel, between East and volcanic Eifel about 12 kilometers north of the Moselle.
In addition to pre-Roman burial mounds in the southwest of the city nearby forest area long tail and a Roman cremation cemetery in the area of today's Bahnhofstrasse can also still visible route of the Roman road between Andernach and Trier, which include so-called "Roman Wall" in the long tail, to earlier settlement activities.
Between 1051 and 1056 the place Esch was first mentioned in a deed of gift. Esch was as part of court by the Electorate of Trier since 1294. In the Nine Years' War, the town was almost completely destroyed in 1689 by the French. Beginning in 1794, Kaiser Esch under French rule, 1815, the place on the Congress of Vienna was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia. Since 1946 he is part of Rhineland- Palatinate then newly founded.
The previously fixed by the Trier Archbishop Baldwin of Luxembourg Esch village received in 1321 by King Louis IV of Bavaria ( Roman- German Emperor from 1328 ) Markets and other freedoms under the Frankfurt city law. This city rights went to the Napoleonic Wars and the French dominion lost - nevertheless remained that soon after the city status ( in 1339: Keyser - Esch) guided emperor ... in place names. On November 22, 1997 Kaisersesch got back the city rights.
Coat of arms
This also on behalf of the community association guided and 1954, awarded municipal coat of arms goes back to an old aldermen seal of office location Emperor Esch of 1502. The blazon is silver in a continuous red cross, the first angle ( heraldic right) a six-pointed black star over a crescent -set black. The cross refers to the Kurtrierische country rule reference and not infrequently represented in Rhenish seals symbols star and crescent probably refer to a venue clauses above, but perhaps also to a Marie patronage.
Presumably, since the mid-19th century, Jews settled in Kaisersesch. For the Jewish community were in the 1930s Düngenheim, Hambuch, Illerich and waste stream. The size of the Jewish community amounted in 1885 to 31 in 1925 to 29 in 1932 to 50 in 1939 and even to 27 members. When the local synagogue was based, is unknown. 1938, the house of prayer was devastated at the corner of Koblenz and Baldwin Street, later it was rebuilt as a residence. The Jewish Cemetery "on the Klopp " was occupied from 1920 to 1942 and still exists today.
The council Kaisersesch consists of 20 council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 of personalized proportional representation, and the honorary mayor as chairman city.
Allocation of seats in the City Council:
- Roman road embankment in the long-tail (so-called "Roman Wall" ), in the course partially identical to a medieval Landwehr
- Catholic parish church of St. Pancras 1898-1900 (architect Lambert of Fisenne ) with the emblem of the city, the leaning tower from the 14th century
- " Old Prison " in the historic center, former Kurtrierisches Administration Building ( Burgmannenhaus ) with a medieval core, now home to the Museum
See also: List of cultural monuments in Kaisersesch
Kaiser Esch has a station on the Eifelquerbahn. Between Emperor Esch and Andernach regional trains of Deutsche Bahn AG with connections to Cologne and Koblenz. In the summer months also trains with a historic railcar on elm (Eifel ), and down to Gerolstein, where connection is made, the regional train to Cologne and Trier. In addition, Kaiser Esch lies immediately 48 to the Federal Highway
- Werner Höfer (1913-1997, journalist and television presenter )
- Peter Kremer (1901-1989, home to writers )
- Oswald Mathias Ungers (1926-2007, architect )