Kambarka (Russian Камбарка ) is a city in the Republic of Udmurtia (Russia) with 11,021 inhabitants (as of October 14, 2010 ).
The city is located about 90 km southeast of the Republic capital Izhevsk, a few kilometers from the left bank of the Kama.
Kambarka is the administrative center of the homonymous Rajons.
Kambarka originated with the establishment of an ironworks by the entrepreneurial family Demidov 1761-1767 and received city rights in 1945.
On 1 April 2006, the second Russian plant for destruction of chemical weapons in Kambarka was put into operation. In the complex, which was financed with German aid, chemical warfare agents have since been removed ( a total of over 3,000 tons ), be their destruction costs about 270 million euros. Germany contributes 90 million of euros.
Note: Census data
In Kambarka Maschinenfabrik Kambarka is a resident and in which smaller diesel locomotives, including for narrow gauge railways made .