Kammlach is a municipality in the Swabian district of Lower Allgäu region and a member of the administrative community Erkheim.
- 2.1 Amalgamations
- 2.2 Population development
- 3.1 Coat of Arms
- 3.2 flag
- 4.1 monuments
- 5.1 Economy, agriculture and forestry
- 5.2 Education
Expansion of the municipal area
The municipality consists of the districts Oberkammlach and Unterkammlach.
To Kammlach include the hamlet Höllberg, Kirchstetten, Oberkammlach, Shouting, Unterkammlach and Wideregg.
Kammlach was before 1800 seat of the Upper and Lower Court and belonged to the dominion of the Electorate of Bavaria Mindelheim. The rule Mindelheim was a kurbayerische possession since the Peace of Rastatt 1714. A special place in world history takes Kammlach by the battle of Kammlach one on August 13, 1796.
On 1 February 1973, an Air Force fighter-bomber of the federal type F-104 Starfighter crashed near Unterkammlach. The pilot Lt. Col. John Schiller from the Fighter Bomber Wing 34 was recently able to prevent a crash in the village, but was able to before the crash itself not save and died.
On 1 May 1978, the formerly independent communities Oberkammlach and Unterkammlach were merged to form the new municipality Kammlach.
First mayor Josef Steidele ( Wählergemeinschaft ). 2 Mayor 's Birgit Steudter -Adl Amini. In the state elections of 2008, the CSU reached 47.6 % of the valid votes in the constituency Total Kammlach. The Free Voters were 23.6%, 7.5%, the SPD, the FDP behind with 7% and Alliance 90/The Greens 3.4%.
The municipal tax revenue amounted to the equivalent of € 797,000 in 1999, which amounted to the trade tax revenues ( net) converted € 224,000.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms was approved on July 23, 1979 communication from the Government of Swabia.
Blazon: ". In Gold Ross, a black comb with the handle down, which a blue wave beam is underlaid "
In the neighboring parish hall Erisried the medium Swabian river Kammel springs ( blue wave bar). The history of the community is documented in the coat of arms by the badge of the Lord of Kammlach ( Ross Crest), which originate from the comb laughs area and were located later in Schongau and Kaufbeuren. Through the Colors Black - Gold is drawn to the Lord of Frundsbergstrasse as the owner of dominion Mindelheim. Through a municipal reform, the current community Kammlach emerged from the former municipalities Oberkammlach and Unterkammlach. The new church took over the 1965 Approved coat of arms of Oberkammlach.
The coat of arms was designed by Rudolf heraldist Mussgnug from Nördlingen.
The flag is Black - Yellow - Blue striped with applied coat of arms.
Culture and sights
Economy and infrastructure
Economy, agriculture and forestry
There were 1998 in the field of Agriculture and Forestry 41, 141 in manufacturing and in trade and transport seven social insurance contributions at the workplace. In other areas, were employed to social security at the workplace 32 people. Social insurance contributions at residence, there were a total of 588 in the manufacturing sector, there was an operation in the construction of four plants. In addition, in 1999, there were 73 farms with an agricultural area of 1,180 ha of permanent green space.
In 1999 there were the following facilities:
- Kindergarten: 75 kindergarten places with 74 children
- Elementary school: 1 with 4 teachers and 98 students
Sons and daughters of the town
- Johann Baptist Homann (1664-1724), cartographer