Kapsabet is a town in Kenya's Rift Valley Province with 64 830 inhabitants, of which 17,918 in actual urban area (as at the 1999 census ). Kapsabet located 40 km southwest of Eldoret in the settlement area of the Nandi tribe.
Kapsabet has several primary and secondary schools and a school for the deaf. There is a hospital with 124 beds.
Kapsabet belongs to the Diocese of Eldoret the Roman Catholic Church and the Diocese of Eldoret Anglican Church. The Anglican Church operates the St. Paul's Theological College in Kapsabet.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Julius Sang (1948-2004), short -distance runner
- Wilson Kipketer (* 1972), middle-distance runner
- Peter Rono (born 1967 ), 1500 -meter runner
- Paul Kipkoech (1963-1995), long-distance runner
- Rita Jeptoo Sitienei (* 1981), long-distance runner
- Bernard Lagat ( born 1974 ), middle and long distance runners