Kashiwa (Japanese柏 市, -shi ) is a city in Chiba Prefecture on Honshu, the main island of Japan. Kashiwa is located approximately 30 kilometers north of Tokyo.
The result Kashiwa is only in 1954 and at that time had a population of 40,000. On 28 March 2005, the municipality of Shonan (沼 南 町, machi ) was incorporated.
Famous Kashiwa is especially due to its football team, the Kashiwa Reysol which is represented in the J-League and is sponsored by the company Hitachi.
- Street: Joban Motorway: by Tōkyō or Iwaki
- National Road 6: by Chūō or Sendai
- National Road 16 to Chiba or Saitama
- JR Joban Line: by Tōkyō and Sendai
- Tōbu Noda Line: by Funabashi or Saitama
- Tsukuba Express ( TX) to Akihabara or Tsukuba
Sons and daughters of the town
- Masato ( b. 1979 ), professional Japanese kickboxer and K -1 World Max Champion 2003
- Eiichi Kido ( b. 1957 ), a political scientist and professor
- Hiroki Sakai (* 1990), football player
Adjacent Cities and Towns
- Chiba Prefecture Matsudo