- Old Kaulsdorf
- Kaulsdorf -Nord
- Kaulsdord -South
The place was built before 1200 in the wake of the German eastern settlement, but not as a new firm ( " from wild root "), but in restructuring of a Slavic settlement, such as the archaeological findings of socialized early and late Slavic German fragments shows. In 1250 was followed by the establishment of the village church Kaulsdorf. In 1347 Kaulsdorf was mentioned as Caulstorp in a deed of Margrave Ludwig of older people in the Kalandsbrüder in Bernau. For the first time, however, the name appeared as early as 1285 in connection with a resident: Nicolao de Caulestorp. 1412, the place was a Altargut St. Peter's Church to Colin on the Spree, until 1536 the rights of St. Peter's Church were ceded to the cathedral church in Berlin. 1539 Kaulsdorf was with the Reformation daughter church of Biesdorf.
The first of residential buildings around the church as a typical Angersdorf; however, is its unusual triangular shape. As a result of the Thirty Years' War in 1638 all farms were destroyed in the village and were without inhabitants until 1652 in Kaulsdorf almost all farmers and Kossätenhöfe were filled. Franz Carl Achard, Berlin Academy Member, acquired in 1782, freed of charges Good for trials of sugar beet cultivation and sugar production. The breakpoint Kaulsdorf at the Prussian Eastern Railway was opened in 1869.
1874 was the first time in Kaulsdorf, which belonged to the then newly formed District Biesdorf, a community representative election take place. The opening of the waterworks Kaulsdorf for drinking water supply of the population was made in 1914. Until 1920 the place belonged to the district Niederbarnim, then Kaulsdorf was incorporated into Greater Berlin and part of the district of Lichtenberg. In March 1920, Kaulsdorf got electric energy. Between 1942 and 1945 an auxiliary military hospital was established (later Hospital Kaulsdorf, since 1997 Vivantes Clinic Heller village location Myslowitz road).
From the district of Lichtenberg Kaulsdorf 1979 was spun off to the then new East Berlin district of Marzahn. When this was divided in 1986, Kaulsdorf came to the newly created municipality Heller village (consisting of the districts Heller village, Kaulsdorf and Mahlsdorf ). The district was founded in 2001 by the merger of the boroughs of Marzahn and Hellersdorf part of the newly formed district of Marzahn- Heller village.
1895 lived in Kaulsdorf 750 people, whose numbers had increased with the establishment of further families especially along the railway line until 1920 to around 4000. In 1995 Kaulsdorf had 13,089 inhabitants, the end of 2011 there were 18,675. The enormous growth resulted from the new construction of homes, the renovation of old farmsteads and also from the new settlement areas around the Hugo - Distler - road south of Alt- Kaulsdorf that Steffen Hagen street or Kaulsdorfer gardens in the northern area.
Buildings, parks and water
- Protestant village church Kaulsdorf
- Catholic St. Martin's Church
- Johan niche church, village road
- New Apostolic Church, Old -Kaulsdorf
- Former manor house, Brodauer road
- Community Cemetery, Village Street, 1911 applied with a neo-classical cemetery chapel
- Dammheide, wooded area on the border of the district of Köpenick
- Kaulsdorfer Busch
- Kaulsdorfer lakes
- Crepe slough
- South of the common along the street Alt -Kaulsdorf led Federal highways B 1 / B 5 is located on the border with Mahlsdorf the protected landscape area of Berlin balcony, the only large area of undeveloped place in the Berlin area, where the height difference of the Barnim plateau can be traced to the Berlin glacial valley.
Business and education
In the district of Kaulsdorf in the 20th century the company Schilkin KG has settled and continues to produce spirits for the German market and for export. By 1990 there were in the south, between the old and Kaulsdorf At low field, a larger commercial establishment including a traditional nursery.
In Kaulsdorf there is Inaugurated in 1911, the village school in the Adolfstraße (now Franz Carl Achard Primary School ), The Elms Elementary School in Elm Street and the Best Sabel Education Center ( all-day primary school) in the Werner Road. From the former People's Police College at Hönower Street (now Heinrich Gruber Street) / corner Hellersdorfer road exists only after the building ensemble and is otherwise used by the Berlin police.
Culture and Sport
Cinema or theater facilities are not available in the district. Contrast, larger events can take place at the low-field at the Parkhotel Schloss Kaulsdorf ( Brodauer street) and in the meeting and convention center.
In Kaulsdorf South in 1926 was the outdoor sports facilities SG Stern Kaulsdorf that is used intensively in the 21st century.
1903 Wernerbad was opened as a free bathhouse in the Werner Road. In the late 1950s it was made usable again within the NAW, but had to be closed in 2002 due to serious structural defects. Since then, citizens and the district administration efforts to reactivation, which so far has not yet succeeded.
- Heinrich Gruber (1891-1975), Protestant pastor
- Willy Moese (1927-2007), illustrator, lived for many years in Kaulsdorf
- Ludwig Renn (1889-1979), writer, lived from 1952 until his death in Kaulsdorf