Kavita Krishnamurti Subramaniam (* Sharda Krishnamurthy in Delhi as ), also Kavita Subramaniam, is a Bollywood playback singer.
For vocals they came mainly by their mother. At a young age her mother, who loved Indian dance and music, sent them to Indian singing lessons. From then on, she loved to sing romantic ballads or famous songs. Your Bengali aunt and uncle Bengali who had as their second parents for Kavita, you were talking about and meant that Kavita eventually took lessons in Bengali style.
In 1971 she sang a duet with Lata Mangeshkar. In 1980 she sang " Ko Kaahe Byaahi ," their first song in a Bollywood film ( Maang Bharo Sajana ) was used. In 1985, she landed her first hit with " Tumse Na Jaane Kyon Milkar ". From the 1990s, Kavita has become established as one of the most sought after and popular singers.
Kavita is married to the violin virtuoso L. Subramaniam since 1999.
- Filmfare Award 1994 - Pyaar Hua Chupke Se - 1942 A Love Story
- Filmfare Award 1995 - Mera Piya Ghar - Yaraana
- Filmfare Award 1996 - Aaj Main Upar - Khamoshi
- Filmfare Award 2002 - Dola re dola re .. - Devdas
- IIFA Award 2003 - Dola re dola re .. - Devdas
- In 2005 she was awarded the Padma Shri, Government of India.
- " Tumse Na Jaane Kyon Milkar ", 1985
- " Hawa Hawai " ( Mr India ), 1987
- " Julie, Julie "
- " Ilu Ilu " ( Saudagar, 1991), duet with Udit Narayan and Manhar
- " Saudagar Sauda Kar " ( Saudagar, 1991), a duet with Sukhwinder Singh and Manhar
- " Kuch Na Kaho " (1942: A Love Story, 1994)
- " Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast Mast " ( Mohra, 1994), duet with Udit Narayan
- " Mera Piya Ghar Aaya " ( Yaarana, 1995)
- " Aaj My Upar " ( Khamoshi, 1996)
- " Bole Chudiyan " ( Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, 2001), with Alka Yagnik, Udit Narayan, Sonu Nigam and Amit Kumar
- " Maar Dala " ( Devdas, 2002)
- " Dola Re Dola " ( Devdas, 2002)