Kehidakustány is a Hungarian community and Spa with nearly 1,050 inhabitants in Zala county. The municipality belongs to the small area Zalaszentgrót in Western Transdanubia.
Kehidakustány lies in a plane on both sides of the river Zala, connect the districts over the two bridges. The place is accessible via a side road. The nearest large towns are Hévíz (11 km), Keszthely (17 km), Pacsa (18 km) and Zalaegerszeg (23 km).
In the past, the site was suitable for crossing the river. Therefore, on both sides of the river settlements, namely Kehida on the western shore and Kustány emerged on the eastern. The railway reached the town in 1895. In 1977 the villages Kehida and Kustány were summarized to the municipality Kehidakustány.
It has been inhabited since the Bronze Age. Later, there were low Celts and Avars. In 1232 the town was mentioned for the first time, destroyed in 1588 by the Turks. In Kehida Ferenc Deák lived, who owned an estate there.
Kustány 1275 was mentioned for the first time. In 1554 a small fort was built, which was destroyed four years later by the Turks. In 1678 the place was that legislation.
- Roman Catholic church of the 15th century, the Baroque style in 1756
- Roman cemetery chapel from the 13th century
- Wooden belfry from the 18th century
- Deák estate
- Spa (water temperature 43 ° C)